Grenade Launcher?

Grenade Launchers?

• Total voters

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
as far as i have seen, which is after way too much cod4, noob tubes really are noob tubes. In real life, obviously such weaponry can, and is, used very tactically. In reality, nobody is questioning what is fair, either. I mean, you think our enemies are bitching on the US marine core shout boz about us picking them off with unmanned apaches from miles away while they have no fucking idea what is going on? No. It's not fair. War in real life is not fair. We do everything possible to give our armed forces an unfair advantage in real life. In a game, however, unfair advantages do not add to playability. I feel that tubes could possibly be used tactically on maps where it is difficult to fire them, or if other game settings and map layouts were different to accommodate the power of that weapon. In the games I have played so far, the grenade launcher is an overpowered weapon that doesn't require much skill at all to use. Almost every time I see 1 person use a tube, it leads to everyone using the tube. This limits the dynamics of the gameplay and the strategy and skill level involved. I think the tube can be very fun at times, and the game designers would have had to be retarded not to include it, but I strongly believe that it is detrimental to serious and competitive cod4 gaming. I fully support our rule that allows the grenade launcher's use on our servers however. If i play a 1v1, or any other match which is supposed to determine skill level, I will not allow tube use. If the toob is used, I will quit. Tube does not=skill, just as my wall spam does not = skill. Tubing where you think people should be is just as nooby (slightly more iMO) as spamming walls where people are supposed to be. If you can't acknowledge this, then quit COD right now, or gtfo.

honestjohnny

Master Sergeant
|K3| Legend
I have only seen a couple ppl use grenade launchers tactically. Most of the time they shoot randomly into heavily populated areas to try and get kills. on S&D I think they should not even be an option.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I voted nothing wrong with them too, but that's because I like to use them on S1. I use to never use toobs and hated them, but then I started using them on S1 and just like to nade people. I don't do as HJ suggested as randomly shooting them, but I do use them quite a bit when I'm on UC ;)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
yea man on s1 tubes are completely fine with me. It is part of the game, and you can do just as much damage with an SMG or an assault rifle. When I use toobs, i don't just switch to the launcher and use tubes til i run out. There are certain situations where the tube can save your ass, so I save the rounds.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Tactical tube... Dont call me Noooob with that Tuuuuuuube!!!

I've learned to play with grenade launcher in Golden Eye on N64 (10-13 years ago). so its not noobish for me. And if u think its a noob weapon, try to put the nade in a windows and a door while u are running and still hit the enemy hiding in the room. U'll see that u need more skill to do that every time u fire with the tube than just spam walls (Dude ;) )

For the random naders, same for me if they use tube or throw hand nade. They are random naders thats all.

I recognize that tube in TDM/FFA is a dumb weapon and most of players are just tubing without reflexion. But guys...FFA TDM is not all the game...theres is other GT. In Snd, its a lil unfair but also a lil useless cause u give your position to enemy, SnD is a stealth game...but in DOM and SAB its one of the best weap u can find in the game to win these GT.

Tactical explaination...

On countdown SAB, it give u a real advantage on round start if u are able to put the nade on the opposite spawn from yours. You gain at least two kill and UAV is quickly available for u. You can also avoid defusing/planting from other side of the map if u got the habit to use it. And you can also get rid of hidding sniper behind the crate in the buildings.

Same on Ambush SAB, u can protect the objective on the round start, and from Iraki side u can blow the yellow car on the opposite side of the road and gain one or two more kills. Like for Countdown, you can avoid defusing on the grassy side, and its a lil bit harder to do on the ruins side of the map but with practice you can learn to do it easily.

For Showdown (TDM), its a good weap to clean the upper side of the map. Tactic in showdown is simple...u keep the upper side, u win the match. So if u got a better solution to clean the 1st floor without having headache post it.

On strike SAB, once again you can avoid plant/defuse if u got the habit. Another starting advantage if u can blow the orange car at the building corner.

Same on District SAB, starting advantage in the market, avoid defusing/planting, cleaning parking lot exit to protect ur objective from incoming enemy, cleaning building/objective if u can fire through the wall from parking lot.

All other maps are a little too obstructed to use the tube correctly, and without habit tube is not a good close combat weap. But belive me, to use it correctly u must not be a noob ;)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
i dont just spam walls. Sometimes its wall spam, but tell me you dont spam anything ever? It doesnt have to be a wall to be spam. You can start firing that p90 around a orner before you see anyone, just cuz you know theres gotta be someone there. If i know, or i think i know someone is behind a wall, ima hit it up. I have 5 shots in my sniper, and if that guy isnt in that spot, they here that gun and know right where I am, so i dont get that many chances. Noobush is taking an auto weapon and spraying a line to hit the guy, or spaming the shit outta a wall hoping for hit markers.

Shooting a tube into a house when you cant get a good shot without getting killed is tactical. Shooting a tube through a doorway when the guy is just campign there and you could shoot the wall up ... etc. is just the same as spam. You gotta aim spam to get it right, just like you gotta aim the tube to get it right. Both take some skill, but I agree that a lot of the maps aren't tube friendly.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
See, now with Sargass and all of his "tactical" situations he knows his shit with the tubes, and for that it's the reason I don't play SAB with him cause it pisses me the fk off when I'm so close to getting to plant or in the process and get killed by a damn tube, lol. :p

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
...cause it pisses me the fk off...

you forgot to mention to the point you rage quit :D :p

OT, I'll use the nade launcher from time to time. Not as often as I used to but like Houston said, I don't let it get under my skin.

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
LOl tubing one here is no big deal at all. Wanna see gay look on youtube and search modern warfare 2 tube videos haha.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
yholly crap, Diz.
i was JUST gonna say that.
you should hecka go see tubing in MW2.
i once played a SnD match on MW2 with a TUBING CLAN.
one man army, so they can change classes in-game without having to respawn, danger close(increased firedamge) and scramber.
shitty shittty.
before MW2, i really didn't have a hatred to tubes.
i only use them if they are the only attachments avalible for me.
You know, new mods or new profiles.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
is SAB there is a big red sign above the bomb carriers head that says "Shoot tube here for victory"

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Plus in SAB, a goor trick is to know how long is the "real" distance between the marker and bomb carrier...like that u never miss :D

AVC

Banned
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzAqhFtqlrY"]YouTube - CoD4 noobtube rampage[/nomedia]

But the point about the nades is true.

Top Bottom