Changes to Server 2

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hello everyone, I got good and bad news...

Server 2 going down on the 26th of February (if I recall the date). This server has served me and the rest of the folks for almost a year. Currently it's on a 6-month prepaid plan. For what I pay for it's quite expensive. I wont be renewing the subscription not even with donations. I have another hosting company that I will be using instead.

The outcome is:
-cheaper in money not in quality
-more player slots for a third of the price
-a chance to have more servers
-expansion to other CoD games.

The addition to more servers will happen anytime between March and April (may happen sooner).

If you have any questions about this, feel free to post it up or PM ME if needed.

OldNavy

Private First Class
don't see any bad news there, just a necessary up grade for less $$$. good job there wally. where do donations get sent to?

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
u know, if its too much $$$, as navy said, u don't HAVE to get more servers

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
Yes, we are thinking of expanding to CoD:WaW and when MW2 dedicated comes, those as well if I'm correct.

B

BloodyDeathRay

Can I get a little preview on how much a server costs??

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The special I received is just about $15/month for each server. It's cheap, but once I started tacking on more servers it takes away from something like my car fund ;)

B

BloodyDeathRay

lol wally, and you dont get paid by handling servers, NO BENEFIT? :eek:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
great? so, after s2 goes down, more new servers will be up?

Around March-April, yes we'll have more servers. ;D

don't see any bad news there, just a necessary up grade for less $$$. good job there wally. where do donations get sent to?

Exactly. :) And at this time, I wont be accepting any form of donations. ;) I feel that I shouldn't burden anyone with any of the costs. Worst case scenario, either I can't pay for the servers any longer, I'll start asking for donations. But that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. *knocks on wood* 8) For now, in a month or 2, you and everyone else will have plenty of servers to play on and might I add even a different game. ;)

u know, if its too much $$$, as navy said, u don't HAVE to get more servers

I'm reworking something so that it'll be just about the same of what I'm paying for now but we'll get a few more servers. ;)

lol wally, and you dont get paid by handling servers, NO BENEFIT? :eek:

I'm satisfied with the outcome, so it's all good. 8)

w8. we're gonna do WaW?

That's the idea. I'm aiming for somewhere in March-April but first we need to work out on some things like Recruitment but that shouldn't take too long to get worked out.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
oh.i don't have WaW. and never will prob. aiming for MW2 for april or something soon tho

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
You don't have to, we are just extending to WaW for people that play that. Wally, in the forum if this happens could you make a CoD4 section for CoD4 people and CoD:WaW section?

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
just saying Dustyn
no offensive to those WaW lovers....it looks kinda boring

Top Bottom