Intro to Cell

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Well I have to agree with Dude on this one, that does sound like "cheating" to me but anyways, I think it was pwn that banned him. Me and Brian both were watching this guy very closely and I can say he was wallhacking but trying to hide it pretty well, except for the slip ups he did. And about the headphones, I don't know if I believe that he even has them, he might have googled it and just spouted off that's what he was using, who really knows. I know what me and Brian saw and he asked pwn to spectate too, and he was wallhacking so ban ;)

PwnSauce

Banned
I banned him for using what appeared to be wallhack.
He doesn't appear to even want to face it and claims that headphones made it look like he was wallhacking.

http://www.cod4kkk.com/server(s)-suggestions-issues/moderator-bans/msg29777/#msg29777

I specced him for 10 minutes before being completely convinced that he was "seeing" through walls

The final convincing action he took was on S1 at the sniper house when He was walking toward it from in front of the truck he nailed a guy who was going up the steps inside the sniper house. No headphones will give you that advantage.

Liars are worse than hackers because they will lie about everything else in their lives on top of lying about playing honestly.
transcripts from the conversation with him are in the ban above and the attached image.
Better that he be identified now as a hacker than later after we invest a bunch of time into him.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I too also saw quite a few shots that he did through the wall, and also following people through walls too, no headphones in the world will "show" you where people are like this. I'm standing by my judgment and stinking with Pwn's ban that he was hacking and got caught. ;)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
the only way anybody can legitimately "follow a person" throguh a wall is if they see them run behind the wall. Anyone can keep their sights moving as fast as they think the person was going. If he straight up followed someone up the stairs that's wallhack. Liars are the most pathetic creatures on the earth.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
the only way anybody can legitimately "follow a person" throguh a wall is if they see them run behind the wall. Anyone can keep their sights moving as fast as they think the person was going. If he straight up followed someone up the stairs that's wallhack. Liars are the most pathetic creatures on the earth.
you're forgetting cheaters.

AVC

Banned
Full ear 'phones are a definite advantage. I use them. Although rarely over both ears because I need to be able to hear the outside world too. Most of the time I have my sound on speakers turned way down. Having said that, with more that a few players there is that much sound you cant pick directions. With 20 players, forget it.

And about controls. Using your mouse wheel to fire is called scrolling. In the pro circuit, it's a cheat. Binding more than 1 action to a button, cheat.

AVC

Banned
Yeah, there is. The Koreans are major followers, they get a lot of big time sponsorship too.

And more on full ear headphones. They make the sound very clear, and block out the nonsense environmental noise. But they are still only 2 speakers. You really need to pivot a bit to get the full advantage of direction.

A much better system is what I used to use, and that is full 5.1 surround sound. Obviously the game has to support it, but with it, sound behind you comes from behind you. With correct speaker placement, it's by far better than any headphones in the world.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
The top of the line gaming headphones are at least 4 channel. Thats BackL BackR FrontR FrontL. While for good sound reproduction to occur, you need the sound to travel through the room and bounce off the walls at the right angles, and have the right cross interference... etc. for gaming, I would think these kinds of headphones would be much better than 5.1 home speaker systems. You also have to take into account the game's ability to actually produce 5 channel audio. Is cod4 actually mixed in 5.1? or is there just some little prologic codec making it sound like that? There is a big difference between 5 discreet channels and 5 channels made solely through DSP.

Top Bottom