Intro to Cell

C

Cell

Name:Tyler Parker
CoD4 Username:Cell
Explain the meaning of your username:It doesnt really have a meaning its my nickname.
Steam:jakejp123
X-Fire:Dont use x-fire
Months/Yrs. of Gaming Experience:Long time
Time you usually play:After School
How did you hear about us? Did someone refer you or you came on your own freewill? If so, please let us know who referred you here:I came here on my freewill as you say.
Have you been in a Krew/clan before? If so, what's the name of the Krew/clan?
No i havn't been in any other clans
Anything else you'd like for us to know about yourself:Helping :)

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
welcome cell, i hope you enjoy it here. Just be active and youll be invited in no time:)
Btw, no xfire=communist. We are also very close in location, i live in philadelphia, PA

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
hey, welcome to the forums Cell!

have never seen you, but i hope that will change soon.
stay active, and you'll get an invite in no time.

JohnRyAn

|KKK|JohnRyAn
|K3| Member
Nice intro Cell If you are interested in joining the Krew then plaese read the guidelines on the home page. see you on the servers and stay activ :)

C

Cell

ive been banned for using turtlebeaches i guess im done here heh cya all

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
oh no, you guys, do you even know what TURTLEBEACHES ARE????

those are really slick headphones really for xbox, you hear like everything/1!

seriously, i've tried them before for xbox, you really do hear everything!!

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
on server 1 with more than 20 people if you blast the sound loiud enough to hear people adequately your ears would hurt. If these headphones or any other hardware/software that you use selectively increases signs or where people are, that is cheating. If these headphones can selectively increase the sound of movement, reloading... etc., that is cheating. There are hacks that do almost exactly that thing. If you use a mouse that allows you to fire faster than you normally could with just your fingers using just the regular game controls, that is cheating. If you have binds that fire your gun 3 times when you push one button, that is cheating. If you draw or stick a crosshair (or anything to help you aim) on your screen, that is cheating. It doesn't matter if the things you use say "this is a hack" on them. Cheating is cheating.

Hardware is also not skill. 3 mods said this guy was cheating. As far as I am concerned, he was cheating. But consider him playing a 1v1, and he's not using any hacks. He's got his fancy headphones that let him hear everything. His opponent is using laptop speakers. Cell can hear everything the other guy is doing, and knows where he is all the time. The other guy doesn't know where cell is al the time, NOT because cell isn't making JUST as much noise, but only because this guy doesn't have super hardware. That's not skill. Thats just better toys.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
on server 1 with more than 20 people if you blast the sound loiud enough to hear people adequately your ears would hurt. If these headphones or any other hardware/software that you use selectively increases signs or where people are, that is cheating. If these headphones can selectively increase the sound of movement, reloading... etc., that is cheating. There are hacks that do almost exactly that thing. If you use a mouse that allows you to fire faster than you normally could with just your fingers using just the regular game controls, that is cheating. If you have binds that fire your gun 3 times when you push one button, that is cheating. If you draw or stick a crosshair (or anything to help you aim) on your screen, that is cheating. It doesn't matter if the things you use say "this is a hack" on them. Cheating is cheating.
not being rude, but when has modded controls been called hacking?
there are modded xbox and ps3 controls, specificaly designed for CoD4, as well as modded Mouses

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
i didn't say it was hacking, i said it was cheating. You have a button that does shit tons of stuff for you that you couldn't do yourself without that mouse, then that is cheating. Hacks allow players to know things and do things they would not be able to know and do without the hacks. How is making a mouse that has a button that shoots 3 times every time you push it, letting you fire mega fast, not cheating?

Where is the option in cod4 controls section that lets you bind "fire x3" to a button?

Post Merge: [time]1286686338[/time]

so lets say there are headphones that can selectively amplify sounds that let you know where people are. All the other sounds that are distracting are not amplified. If that kind of shit is okay, then why isn't a program that does the same thing okay? Do we allow hack programs that make footsteps louder then? How about hack programs that allow you to fire semi-auto weapons as fast as the game allows, simply by holding left mouse? Just because it isn't software doesn't mean it isn't alrtering your gameplay to give you an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
this by no means is no cheating.
the pros, MLB and shit,
they use turtlebeaches in their matches!
you know, live-TV matches.

there is no program whatsoever inside the headsets.
they just block out almost EVERYTHING but the game sounds. you can't even hear you friend talking right next to you.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
im not saying turtlebeaches are cheating
i said if there were headphones that selectively increased player sounds....etc. (you know like... what i said).
I was also talking about modded hardware. Just because pros use modded hardware, it doesn't mean we allow it. Pros look for every advantage they can get. I bet a shit ton of them would hack if they could get away with it. Also, all the pros are using top notch shit, right? We are catering to people who just play the game. Like I said, if the game devs wanted to give you the option to make mouse 2 fire your gun 3 times really fast, they woulda stuck it in the "Controls" section of the options.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
i didn't ban him. I have never seen him play. I am trusting the other mods' judgement on the ban.

Top Bottom