Post your Computer Builds

S

Socrates

Operating System = Windows 7 Pro (64 Bit)
CPU = Intel Core i7 920 2.66 Ghz (O.C. to 3.7Ghz)
Motherboard = Asus Rampage II Extreme
Ram = 12 Gb Corsair DDR3 1600
Storage = WD Black 7200 1.5Gb X2, Seagate 2 Gb, Seagate 1 Gb, WD Black 500 Gb
Video Card = AMD 5770 1gb x2 in crossfire
Monitor = Samsung SncMaster 2343BWX 23"
Optical Drive = Asus Bluray Drive
Soundcard = Sound Blaster Supreme FX X-Fi
Power Supply = Corsair HX Series 1000W
Case = Corsair 800D

Custom Liquid Cooling system consiting of 2x Triple Radiators and All water blocks were purchsed trough Danger Den.

I would love to switch my OS over to a SSD but, just can't seem to justify the price/Gb. THe 10000rpm Raptor is also enticing but almost as expensive.
Decisions, decisions.

At the moment the GPU's are not liquid cooled. I originally had a 4870x2 in there with a danger den water block and blew the card in a moment of stupidity when changing the liquid out ($700 worth of video card and block gone in 30 secs). LAME. So, i picked up a single 5770 as a quick fix and just recently threw the second card in. I figured I would wait on adding the GPU's to the loop until I had a pair of cards I really wanted in the rig. At over $100 per water block I just can't do it with these cards.
IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I have a really old computer. It's a miracle that i can play CoD4.

Haha! It really is a miracle. I was running the same cpu until I upgraded my entire rig. It's a good chip for what it is. So, Did you get a new one yesterday?

Last edited by a moderator:

EDGE$HOT

Corporal
Former Krew Member
The beauty has arrived yesterday. I was working almost all day on it.

Manufacture: Custom Built
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
Memory: Geil Ultra DDR2 800Mhz 2Gb -cl4 Dual Channel Kit
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Hard Drive: 2xSamsung 400 Gb + 1x500 Gb Samsung
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 PCI-E
Monitor: Samsung 765MB
Sound Card: Onboard
Keyboard: BenQ
Mouse: Noname
Mouse Surface: None (Desk)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit version
Computer Case: Noname
CPU Cooler: Intel stock (just for a few days, I will change it to Cooler Master Tx3)
Power: FSP Blue Storm bronze 500W

S

Socrates

specs of the core i7

mother board: - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 iX58 Socket 1366 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard
cpu: - intel core i7 957 extreme 3.33ghz
psu: - coolermaster 1000w
hard drive 1: - western digital 300gb sataII 10000rpm
hard drive 2: - samsung spin point 1tb
graphics card: - powercolor 4890x2 1gb (two of)
dvd drive: - sony dvd-rw, ram with lightscribe (sata)
blu-ray: - lg Super Multi Blu-Ray Reader & DVD±RW with LightScribe
sound card: - asus xonar d2x

i think thats about it spec wise as i dont fancy listing all the water cooling stuff aswell lol

That is a nice setup! I don't think I could ever go back to air cooled after using liquid. I like my silent giant. lol

Are you running 2 loops with all that heat from the two GPU's and the i7? I was generating massive heat with the i7 920 (oc to 3.7 Ghz) and just on 4870x2. I had to add a second radiator.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
I guess I should update mine thought I did but I guess not just did some upgrades as well

CPU-Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 12MB L2 cache
Got an after market CPU cooler from cooler master things a beast, my computer idles around 30-32C and around 40 or so with a load on it havent pushed it to the max yet
Ram-6 Gig DDR3 1333 (had 8 but I took 2 cheap sticks out that I bought, since it was bad and ive already exchanged it, same thing the second time so garbage and just kept the 2 and added another stick I had laying around)
video card-AMD HD 6870 1Gig
Hard Drive-320gb Western Digital SATA and 1TB Seagate SATA
Motherboard- MSI p43-c51
Drive-DVD-RW SATA
650 Watt Ultra Power Supply
Monitor-22" LCD Acer
Mouse And Keyboard-Wireless
got a new case as well with side view 3 120mm fans
Also running windows 7 Ultimate for an OS/Ubuntu and hackintosh

Y

Yiex

OS - Win7 Ultimate 32bit
Monitor - 32 inch HDTV
Processor - AMD Athelon II Dual core @ 3.2ghz (LOL)
RAM - 4gb ddr3
HDD - 1tb WD
GPU - Nvidia Galaxy GeForce GT 430
PSU - 450W
Mobo - MSI GF615M-P33
That's it. :p

I'm considering upgrading to a Phenom x4 @ 3ghz, but I haven't decided. I think it's the best my mobo can support.
As well, I want to upgrade my gpu, but I can't find one that I really like under $200..
Kinda trying to keep it cheap.

PwnSauce

Banned
Just to put this troubleshooting blurb out there, my Windows 7 PC gaming PC wouldn't boot after moving to Pennsylvania.
Nothing happened. The motherboard had lights but when hitting the power switch it would just sit there.

Figured it was power related but while replacing the power supply to troubleshoot it I discovered a screw had gotten wedged between the case and motherboard.

I removed the screw and it booted normally.

THEN, the short must have killed the BIOS battery which reset the clock date so that I got some oddball errors on google mail and facebook b/c the system time was wrong.

The system clock was sept 2009 and the google mail error message was this:

First it was certificate errors but I added the exceptions and then got this error message:
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Usually I google error messages for answers but wally beat me to it and I discovered the system clock thing.

interesting stuff

Last edited:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Just to put this troubleshooting blurb out there, my Windows 7 PC gaming PC wouldn't boot after moving to Pennsylvania.
Nothing happened. The motherboard had lights but when hitting the power switch it would just sit there.

Figured it was power related but while replacing the power supply to troubleshoot it I discovered a screw had gotten wedged between the case and motherboard.

I removed the screw and it booted normally.

THEN, the short must have killed the BIOS battery which reset the clock date so that I got some oddball errors on google mail and facebook b/c the system time was wrong.

The system clock was sept 2009 and the google mail error message was this:

First it was certificate errors but I added the exceptions and then got this error message:
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Usually I google error messages for answers but wally beat me to it and I discovered the system clock thing.

interesting stuff

You are lucky you didn't ruin your motherboard with that one screw, I've had people come to me with a screw crammed between the mobo and case and have it screw up the whole board when I press that on button

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah that is interesting, I've never heard of a problem like that lol. But it does make sense that a screw could cause all of that, just making that contact between the mobo and the chassis could easily cause problems ;)

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
id keep an eye on it for future breakdowns, you might of damaged the board and not realize it until it completely craps out

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
That is a nice setup! I don't think I could ever go back to air cooled after using liquid. I like my silent giant. lol

Are you running 2 loops with all that heat from the two GPU's and the i7? I was generating massive heat with the i7 920 (oc to 3.7 Ghz) and just on 4870x2. I had to add a second radiator.

yes water cooling is great but you just the best parts as different companys make better rads than others and same with pumps etc.

no need for a dual loop system.

i dont see the need for a second rad with that setup as long as you have good quality parts all should be fine.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
My current LAPTOP:

CPU: AMD Dual-Core QL-67
GPU: Some crappy gpu lol
Ram: 2 x 1GB
HDD: 360 GB

My *HOPEFULLY* new PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
GPU: 1GB ATI 5770
RAM: 4GB DDR3 (2x 2GB)
HDD: 1 TB
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black
Mobo: AMD 880G Chipset Motherboard

IF I get this PC ill most likely upgrade the video card later on..

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
The new PC of mine :D

CPU: Intel i7 2600
GPU: ATI 6950 2gb
Ram: 4gb (about to buy and extra 4)
HDD: 1TB
Motherboard: Dunno what it's called...but its good :D

IT RUNS GAME GOOOD!

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
start of my Core i5 build. still waiting on some parts tho but the base is here (hence the stock cooler)
DSC_0281.jpg

still getting good temps with stock cooler tho. running 29c cpu and motherboard at idle and not over 43c when gaming

Top Bottom