Crossroads approaching! Caveadsum and |KKK|

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Hello all,

Let me start at the beginning because I feel my friends here deserve it. This is not a sermon either, just an explanation of my situation.

As some of you may know I am a devout practicing Catholic. For young Catholics, especially boys, there is a problem more difficult than that typically faced by others graduating from highschool. That is not just whether to go to college or not, but the discernment of what we call our vocation. That is what kind of life we believe God desires us to lead. The general categories are the married, single and religious lives. Now no one can tell someone what his vocation is, nor do most people in their right minds hear mysterious voices in their heads telling them what to do.

I my particular situation when I was a little kid I had the great desire to be a priest similar to what many other Catholic boys my age felt. While that childish desire wore away in my teenage years, I still knew that it was a possibility. I tried to ignore it for several years even though there was this nagging thought in the back of my mind telling me that I could still have a vocation to the priesthood, even if that fervent desire for it wasn't there. Early this year I decided I was just going to face this and attempt to find out for certain what the will of God is in this matter. During the break I took for Lent in March, I went on a retreat in California. There I talked to some of the priests who knew EXACTLY what I was talking about. They advised me that going to a seminary was really the only way to find out for sure. It takes 6 to 7 years so it gives you plenty of time. The situation is also so unique that within a couple of years with the strict schedule and prayer, most men will know whether or not that's for them. They may not be able to explain it, but they know.

This was the direction I was leaning towards anyway but I was glad for this advice. I made my decision that this is at least the first step toward my vocation. If it turns out I am not called to the priesthood, those years at the seminary will still prove invaluable as a means to mold and strengthen my character for the cesspool that is our world. I made my application, and was accepted this July at a seminary in Winona Minnesota. They start a little late in the year so I don't have to be there until the 2nd of October. I wasn't sure when the appropriate time was to tell you guys. I wanted to give plenty of notice so I was going to post at the end of this month but I figured, what the heck's the point of waiting? Anyway I'll still be here through September. So this is about a month's notice here.

I want you all to know that I've heartily enjoyed the time I've had here and I hope I've been able to be of service as well. Some may cry BS but seriously, you will all hold a special place in my heart. I may stop by every once in a while to say hi, but even if I leave the seminary, it is very unlikely that I shall return on a regular basis. Simply because while it is a lot of fun and gives one the opportunity to meet great people, the computer is ultimately destructive. I'm not like some of those that say it's the work of the devil bla bla bla, no it definitely has it's uses, but for me it has too many temptations and forms too many bad habits.

Without further ado, WaLLy , I would like to tender my resignation as Member Administrator effective September 30. I would still like to serve you all until it is time for me to leave. So that means you can still PM me and everything up until the end of September when I resign my office. I thank all of you most sincerely, especially our great founder WaLLy for giving me the opportunity to not only be part of this gaming Krew, but to help him out in his very effective administration. Thanks to the rest of the admin staff and the moderator teams for being really good friends and supporters these past 8 months. Thank you also to the |KKK| and regular forum members for letting me govern you a little, hopefully I've not been too overbearing and tyrannical. You all have been great friends to me and really mean a lot.

I hope you all were able to bear with me, again this was not a sermon. I just feel that after this time, short though it was, you fellas deserve to know the whole story.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum!

Wilfred

a.k.a. Caveadsum

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Wilfred, thank you for giving us the heads up. It is truly appreciated.

I'd like to say that you've helped me with one of the most important pieces in this Krew and that's the members. Thank you for the time and dedication you gave us all.

I wish you the very best and may God show you the light of way at all times. :)

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Wilfred, Good luck to you in your future endeavors. It takes a special kind of person to embark on the journey that you are preparing for. Godspeed to you sir

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
By Cave,
You will be surely missed.
May the Force be with you...lol jk :s_bye2:

Goodbye Wilfred

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
:sign0096: cav, you have been a great help to me since day 1. although sad to see you go, i hope you do have fun. i always say to my friends,"if it makes you happy, do it". again, thanks for everything and have a good time. i wish you the best... have fun man! :s_bye2:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Cav used his real name!! :eek:

Cav you have certainly been very helpful on the forum dealing with issues we have had with whatever happens and I'm sure I speak for everyone that we very much appreciated all the work and dedication you have put to the Krew, it means a lot. Me being religious too I know where you are coming from, sounds like you are more dedicated with it than I am, but I still believe either way. I sure hope you find what you are looking for to point you to your destiny because we all have one, you just have to figure it out.

I wish you the best man and it's been great having you here ;)

KateLove

Sergeant
Well... it sucks but you have to follow your heart ^^ so i would say goodbye good luck and live long my friend :s_bye2:

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Well i hoope everything works out for u in ur new pursuit. But hey if u ever feel the need to return ull be welcomed just the same man. Good Lucky

~Diz~

igno121

Eskimo with Eskiho's
|K3| Member
well cav , it is sad to see you go, but it was a very nice thing to have know you. Your a great person and a good player. I have learned a lot from you and hopefully, maybe, we will play again. Well Wilfred, good luck and may god be with you.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Thanks guys...remember I'll be here until early October. Lol dude, it doesn't look like anything's been deleted from you for a while...maybe it didn't post for some reason. I've had that happen to me a couple of times.

AVC

Banned
Two things.

Firstly good luck and Godspeed. I hope everything works out for you.

Secondly. BS. Surely you can game as a priest. Computers are destructive? Please. It's just like a modern version of the library.

Thirdly, if you don't play the Komp final before you leave, I'm back in. Now where did Wally put that draw?
Oh, that's three things...

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
good luck, Cav

been fun messing with ya :p

have a good life, AND maybe, just maybe, you'll pop up here sometimes. ::)

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Good luck Cav, i hope its just a good bye and not an adios man.
You are my worst nightmare for playing against and i sure miss you, hope your life will be good.

A bientot mon ami

Top Bottom