Campers

Sniper Girl

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Some campers piss me of. only the ones that camp the whole game. But, i do like to camp. i dont camp much. like if i hear someone coming ill sit and wait till they come and ill kill them but, i always move after because of the killcam it gives were exactly you are so in the end i dont camp verry much. sure camping gets you a better score but then you miss all the action.

B

BloodyDeathRay

Hearing someone coming and waiting until he comes is not considered as camping, well from my point of view ;D

Commodore_H

Corporal
I also think there are different sorts of campers. The tactical sort, which camp on nore strategic places to guard a flank, rear or an objective. The bad sort, who just sit there at the same place, annoying tango's and teammembers and don't help for a single moment. But it's rather fun to shoot the bastards with my ghost class when they don't expect it to happen. 8)

B

BloodyDeathRay

my point of view:
-Retarded campers: Always stay in the same spot, when they get killed they come back to the same spot
-Smart campers: Always move after killing someone.

Cheez

Corporal
i am what you would call a smart camper, i get my sniper rifle get 2-3 kills and run like hell to my next spot...

i call it run n gun sniping :)

its hilarious when campers wait for 5 mins to get a kill but get killed...

usually shitty campers have like a 1:1 kd ratio

Kaptein_Guus

Sergeant
I have nothing against campers. (They are fun and easy to kill) But spawn campers is a whole other thing. I really hate those people, although if it is in Shipment and there are 40 people playing, then you have to spawn kill just to get points. But still, extremely stupid and pointless. >:(
U know what was really good about RtCW?? U were invincible for 5 sec after u spawned;)
nuff time to get your spawnfucker down;)

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
Any good sniper/mods want to spec me sometime sniping and give me some instruction over the console via whisper messages. Now I have only equipped a sniper rifle for one match....I only have a dozen or so sniper kills.

AVC

Banned
The term camping comes from old games like Quake where players would camp out near the powerful weapons or power ups, or spawn points. Now if you stand still for more than 10 seconds players (some anyway) start bitching.

I tend to use the SAW a lot, and I also tend to pick a spot that has good visibility so I can peg lots of enemy. Firing from a tactical position (the high ground). Just like in real life.

However, I cop a lot of "boo hoo, you're camping" shit. If they're so concerned come flush me out.

I would use different spots depending on spawn point. Just like sniping without the sniper rifle.

In real life you don't run around and shoot while running.

I don't consider it camping.

Ricica

Sergeant
personally hate constant campers but like me i slowly move kill someone then move to a new position then repeat thats how you win and i hate ppl who sit there forever its so annoying and stupid cause there is no skill involved at all >:( so personally campers are major NOOBS i hate them more than tubers >:(

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I also think there are different sorts of campers. The tactical sort, which camp on nore strategic places to guard a flank, rear or an objective. The bad sort, who just sit there at the same place, annoying tango's and teammembers and don't help for a single moment. But it's rather fun to shoot the bastards with my ghost class when they don't expect it to happen. 8)

Noob Question here.. What's a ghost class?

Commodore_H

Corporal
A ghost class consist mainly of:
- silenced gun/pistol
- uav jammer
- dead silence
- I use bombsquad, dunno the others

NO WAY they hear or see you coming.. 8)

lilroodude

Private First Class
Stupid campers bother me, but regular campers don't. Stupid campers are the ones that go to the same spot every time and get 7 kill streaks before someone removes them. Regular campers are the ones that move around from spot to spot.
Sniping is not camping though.
Mamping is not camping either. Mamping is guarding an area that has multiple entrances. For example, in Broadcast, that area inside with all the computers and desks. I like to go in there and shoot people coming through the multiple entrances. I am moving and camping the area, so therefore I call it mamping.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i agree about snipers lol

i dont see how people can camp i get to bored waiting for some1 to come along by the time they do im so bored i get killed

AVC

Banned
Mamping, that's a good one.

A bit hard to cover multiple entrances though. I prefer a spot (like the house in overgrown) that has one entrance and mine it, while firing out the windows.

Playing FFA Broadcast the other day there were multple spawn campers and guys that just lie in a corridor waiting for someone to come though. Lame. But always good to go where they are are frag them. Predictable.

If I "camp" (mamp?) I like to have a good view. Unless I'm trying to fulfil some challenge.

X

-XxShadowxX-

Hate campers...but its fun to come across one undetected, then you can make a humiliating kill!

Top Bottom