• Do nothing

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Both.

Broadcast 24/7 for 5 years gets kinda draining after awhile..

SnD anyone? lol

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Is there a way to add a completely custom map to the rotation? I mean a map that isn't part of the usual map packs or dlc. There must be loads of completely custom maps out there, it might just put us in a better position than other clans to have a totally unique map on the server.

Edit: just found a bunch of maps if anyone is interested http://cod4.gamebanana.com/maps?vl[page]=3&mid=SubmissionsList

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
ok, being a bit thick here. what's the difference between ranked and unranked servers?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
As i understand it, in ranked you get points and level up, unlock perks, it's recorded on Gametracker, etc.

On unranked, i don't think any of that happens. I may be totally wrong, but that's what I've always understood it to mean.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
makes sense. Is that a huge issue though? surely getting people to play on the server is the main priority.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
makes sense. Is that a huge issue though? surely getting people to play on the server is the main priority.
well some people will prefer to get ranked.
also, and most importantly, there are two more problems:
1. many people will have their server searching settings normally turned to "modded servers = no"
2. they would have to DL the map, what some dont like
[DOUBLEPOST=1431993917][/DOUBLEPOST]Prolly thats why modded maps barely had much people on even in the past when cod4 was much more popular
Having said that, a modded map won't be much of an advantage, rather the contrary.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431994032][/DOUBLEPOST]Just my opinion though.

And other than that I have to admit that some of those maps look sweet. Maybe consider using them for the gungame server?
[DOUBLEPOST=1431994232][/DOUBLEPOST]Or bolts. Any server but s1

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
And other than that I have to admit that some of those maps look sweet. Maybe consider using them for the gungame server?
[DOUBLEPOST=1431994232][/DOUBLEPOST]Or bolts. Any server but s1

Got to admit, the idea of a server dedicated to custom maps sounds real good

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Besides toons we could have the gungame server updated with all the new custom maps. But thats another topic.

I'm not sure how many of you still play S1, but I'm not sure about changeing to crossfire. Broadcast is the most popular map, there are more BC-only servers. So I think adding another map to it might kill the server. Because (if I'm right) there are way more non-krew members playing than members, so if only a small group decides to change it it might affect the bigger group in a negative way..

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
True nuff, but i just can't get into the idea of cartoony maps, i prefer "realistic" type maps, but that's just me.
Some of them are fun for their secrets. Family guy had some, but the best one is Sparta which is, on the other side, not a cartoonish map, strictly speaking

madswede

Private First Class
I voted for both. Only other suggestion is to change helicopter strength back to normal; it's damn annoying to get a chopper and have it immediately shot down, every time. Make choppers worth something again.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I voted for both. Only other suggestion is to change helicopter strength back to normal; it's damn annoying to get a chopper and have it immediately shot down, every time. Make choppers worth something again.

I'd have to agree with this. I didn't know we had this as a setting tbh, but playing in A1 yesterday i was able to shoot down Helo's with my P90 in no time, which i found pretty odd. This would explain it.

The Iron Chef

Private First Class
I voted for both, and have also noticed the lack of players recently. Although worldwide players may be down, FA ALWAYS has more players than KKK. Crossfire is a great map to add because it can accommodate games with a few or many players. And for those of us who play frequently, doing a 2-map rotation would be welcome, whether it's 1-1 or 2-1 Broadcast. My 2c worth.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I voted for both, and have also noticed the lack of players recently. Although worldwide players may be down, FA ALWAYS has more players than KKK. Crossfire is a great map to add because it can accommodate games with a few or many players. And for those of us who play frequently, doing a 2-map rotation would be welcome, whether it's 1-1 or 2-1 Broadcast. My 2c worth.

What does this FA server run, specifically?

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
FA is (or was idk if it changed) cracked and has been up and running for an extremely long time. Competing with their numbers is near impossible as most of the people who play still are old players that already have their groove of doing things and which servers they play.

As for choppers, it takes two ak47 magazines to destroy them, imo that's a fair bit. When there's 10+ people they're constantly getting called in, so them getting shot down opens more to being called in. Personally I hate them because they're loud and target players with higher scores much more (I often get shot through walls by choppers) so yeah. There's different points of view on it all. I'd personally vote for 1 hp choppers lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom