Gen. Bradshaw - Facepalm

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
desolated Silo freedom of expresion exists in Russia, it's probably less than elsewhere I design
an example http://en.novayagazeta.ru/

They have freedom of expression as long as it does not critique the government. That being said, any NGO visiting Russia requires a permit. And the last time a human rights NGO received one of those permits was never. For they would critique the government for its severe use of human rights violations. The policy reforms of Putin are leading the Russian Federation to relapse towards where it was under the rule of Stalin.

mousquet

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
They have freedom of expression as long as it does not critique the government. That being said, any NGO visiting Russia requires a permit. And the last time a human rights NGO received one of those permits was never. For they would critique the government for its severe use of human rights violations. The policy reforms of Putin are leading the Russian Federation to relapse towards where it was under the rule of Stalin.
You wrong about press. There are some anti-goverment media in Russia. Newspaper at jasmine's link is a very critical to goverment, for example. But this newspaper is very strange. It's critical for any goverment and also it can be placed as "tabloid". This is not only one "oppositioning" media in Russia.
About NGOs - they required a special permit, but for me is obviously that these organizations are instrument of foreign politics and even possible military activity against my country.
I also have to point that in EU and USA there are problems with freedom of expression too. Russia Today TV was restricted and I heard that officials in these countries aping to ban it.

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
Such a thing as Free Media, doesn't really exist nowhere in the world. If you say it exists in USA, then you're unfortunately wrong. Media's practiced propaganda goes all around the world. There is no such a thing as objectivity anymore, it's all about your governments agenda, media is just a gameboard to do so.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425153265][/DOUBLEPOST]The most effective propaganda is found not in the Sun or on Fox News - but beneath a liberal halo. When the New York Times published claims that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, its fake evidence was believed, because it wasn't Fox News; it was the New York Times.
The same is true of the Washington Post and the Guardian, both of which have played a critical role in conditioning their readers to accept a new and dangerous cold war. All three liberal newspapers have misrepresented events in Ukraine as a malign act by Russia - when, in fact, the fascist led coup in Ukraine was the work of the United States, aided by Germany and Nato.

This inversion of reality is so pervasive that Washington's military encirclement and intimidation of Russia is not contentious. It's not even news, but suppressed behind a smear and scare campaign of the kind I grew up with during the first cold war.

Once again, the evil empire is coming to get us, led by another Stalin or, perversely, a new Hitler. Name your demon and let rip.

The suppression of the truth about Ukraine is one of the most complete news blackouts I can remember. The biggest Western military build-up in the Caucasus and eastern Europe since world war two is blacked out. Washington's secret aid to Kiev and its neo-Nazi brigades responsible for war crimes against the population of eastern Ukraine is blacked out. Evidence that contradicts propaganda that Russia was responsible for the shooting down of a Malaysian airliner is blacked out.

And again, supposedly liberal media are the censors. Citing no facts, no evidence, one journalist identified a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine as the man who shot down the airliner. This man, he wrote, was known as The Demon. He was a scary man who frightened the journalist. That was the evidence.

Many in the western media haves worked hard to present the ethnic Russian population of Ukraine as outsiders in their own country, almost never as Ukrainians seeking a federation within Ukraine and as Ukrainian citizens resisting a foreign-orchestrated coup against their elected government.

What the Russian president has to say is of no consequence; he is a pantomime villain who can be abused with impunity. An American general who heads Nato and is straight out of Dr. Strangelove - one General Breedlove - routinely claims Russian invasions without a shred of visual evidence. His impersonation of Stanley Kubrick's General Jack D. Ripper is pitch perfect.

-John Pilger, journalist

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Don't you think that article represents your first post almost exactly? It's quite poetic, though, and certainly paints a picture of what we should fear happening.

Top Bottom