• No forum posts at all get announced in shout

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Hello krew and site members. This is a poll concerning the thread notification that appear in the shoutbox.
As it stands ,every post in the forum gets announced in the shoutbox as a post,ignoring the thread does not remove the postings from appearing in the shoutbox.
There are 3 choices in the forum settings we can choose
1) the way it is now
2)only new threads to be posted in the shoutbox
3) No notifications at all from the forum,this does not affect the latest posts box which will always show the latest post at the top and who posted.

There has been some comments about the notifications crowding the shoutbox thus this poll .

mousquet

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
For me, to keep as it is now. Not so many answers in threads, I guess, shoutbox notifications are not annoying.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
Showing new threads make more sense. That way shout isn't spammed with all the responses.

Last edited:

Garycheese

The Bringer Of Cheese
|K3| Member
i vote for only new threads. I only use the shoutbox tab and that is the main way i see new threads and due to the spam threads i sometimes miss the threads.

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i voted only new threads..the spam makes me ignore the shoutbox and sometimes miss reports or actual comments, to me the threads are always updated in latest posts anyways..

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'm fine with the way it is now, but I wouldn't mind if we skimmed or got rid of the feature altogether.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I voted keep as is which is every post gets announced in the shoutbox. IMO, people tend to reply more if they see it dead smack in their face :K

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Yeah, it's nice the way it is. This way, you can tell if someone is actually active online, or if they are just logged in. It makes it easier to talk both in the shout, and on forums.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Even though some of the spam on certain threads annoys me, i voted to keep it as is. I really like being able to click on the notification and being taken to that persons post automatically (which is usually the last post in the thread.)

Also, i think it keeps people more engaged and interested.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I am rarely on the shout anymore but I agree with only the new threads being posted. When I do look at it from time to time that's almost all I see is notifications about posts, I'm with Hibred that I tend to ignore it as well because of this, which is why I voted for only new threads ;)

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
I voted just for new threads, I use latest posts to look at the new replies on a particular thread

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
Keep it, don't change it. Why would you change it? It is perfect now. Just let it be way it is.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Keep it, don't change it. Why would you change it? It is perfect now. Just let it be way it is.

Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to change. Shame. This was by far the best and easiest way to view the latest posts and keep people engaged. Worst part is, it's done because of a spam thread that will be dead and forgotten soon enough.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to change. Shame. This was by far the best and easiest way to view the latest posts and keep people engaged. Worst part is, it's done because of a spam thread that will be dead and forgotten soon enough.

I agree, didn't think of the spam part of it. If you want you can take my vote off but it wont make a difference but I sure see your side of it D.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
This was just a poll to get a feel of things ..probably not enough of a landslide to implement as yet..Although i can't stand the spam,I get where you're comin from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom