Votes: 16 34.0%
  • no

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
This is a poll to judge the majority opinion on tubes on our server..
[DOUBLEPOST=1416697391,1416697149][/DOUBLEPOST]I am of the opinion that more people leave the server out of frustration from tubes compared to how many people use them. I am one of the guys who wont play if it's a tube fest..which is a lot lately..I feel we will keep more of the randoms that show up and the possible loss of a few chronic toobers is negligible

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
We've always been, at least for as far as i can remember, an all weapons and perks server. If we ban tubes, what do we then ban? Marty? Clays? And where do we draw the line?

Sure it can get annoying, but i think once we ban one thing, it's a slippery slope, and we then get lost amongst all the other servers that ban tubes etc..

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree. I don't play A1 anymore, but what attracted me to KKK in the first place was the no rules. Well, actually it was the name that attracted me because it was so unique, but the lax attitudes and minimal rules kept me.

I hated servers that bitched about perks etc. and were very rules oriented. I also think it would be unfair to regulars to change up the rules.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
If it's for the betterment of the server, I'm all for change.

I hardly play (if ever) on A1. I personally cannot vote for either option for that sole reason. I would much rather see and hear from people who are our regulars. Since they're the ones who play the server anyway. Why curtail them the change if I'm not the one who plays?

If the people want it, why fight it?

And because this should matter to our regulars, a b3 console message is being added asking for their input as well.

edit:
b3 console message has been added.

edit 2:
For the record, I didn't vote.

Last edited:

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Couldn't agree more with the no tubes, but i think the fact that our server has always been an anything goes server that weighs a lot as well, and thus i think it should stay that way.
Of course this is my own opinion and you wouldnt hear me complain if tubes would go but for the rep of the server i think we shouldnt have any more "rules".

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
As much as I dislike tubes a lot (it´s so annoying): since s1 has always been a "all weapons and perks allowed" server, I think we should allow them. I know there are some regulars (mhmm, golightly and several others) who use tubes a lot. But as Jasmine stated: when we start forbidding tubes, then people start to complain about marty, last stand etc. It´s hard to draw a line so I guess, we have to stick with it.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
XcJ5Vj5.png

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
hmm, i guess as the player base gets smaller and smaller, custom fitting our server to that player base isnt a bad idea. however, im having a really hard time making a decision on this one, i votet yes, but to be honest i think it could go both ways, either it turns out to be a really popular decision amongs our playerbase, or it will considerably thinning it out.

the reson i votet yes is because it really supresses my fun i am having on s1 lately. when we used to have 20-30 players and 5 players toobed, the masses absorbed those toobes quite effectivly. but now, as the avrage is between 5-10 players, its a whole other beast we are dealing with. killing a toober now will often result in them spawning and instantly firing a toobe on your last known position, there are so few players that the toob can be effectivly used as their primary weapon, the number of tradekills is skyrocking in comparison to before, and i also think the general toobs per player rate has risen considerably.

so thats my opinion, but in the end of the day, like i said before: it could be a blessing, but it could be a curse aswell for our server. its really hard to judge.

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
The logic is this: 9 out of 10 ppl hate them ...
I've seen tons of ppl leave because of 2 or 3 guys going apeshit with them ,to the point of the server being cleared many times..I can live without playing a1 and letting things stand , but it's just my opinion that we would see more people stay,thats all..let's keep the thread on point and just say yes or no and why

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
90% of people hate them? And how do you come to this conclusion? That's just a random % used to reinforce an argument. I find it absurd. That isn't logic, it's a personal opinion.

How many people wouldn't come back because we start enforcing rules that have never been in place? People who use them would go elsewhere. Others may see the enforcement of new rules and wonder what's coming next. In the end, i don't believe it will have any tangible benefit.

I was on the server the other day with plenty of tubers, including myself and the leader and saw no one leave or complain. The real logic is , some people like em, some people hate em, some people are indifferent. Sometimes it may cause people to leave, sometimes it will attract people. There is no universal truth about it.

Are we to start making threads and asking for rules to be changed after years and years every time we get annoyed or don't like a rule? Our server(s) have flourished for a very long time and have stayed populated , more or less, for years. No need to start changing things now. I'm very much against this. Just reeks of PC bullshit.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
If you're going to ban toobs, what's going to stop you from banning anything else that annoys you? What's the point in playing a game where you can't use it's features?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
While were on the "ban" subject for weapons I guess we should ban sniper rifles. I'm annoyed by them so we should ban those right? That's how this works I think.

Maybe even ban Ak-47s and Deagles because I hate when a guy spraying his AK kills me, it takes 'no skill'. And deagles are just annoying to me personally so just ban those.

Ya know what. On second thought lets just get screenshots of what a "pro" or "skilled" player would use so we can ban everything except those weapons.

The Krew attracted most of us because it it's lax rules and laid back members. If we start banning stuff now, we lose what made us great. Pretty much every other server has these strict rules and strict admins who want you to play in a very specific way. We are better than this. Just because a group of people is annoyed by something doesn't mean it should be banned.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
:picard:

Guys, do you not understand what the poll is for? You can whine all you want. At the end of the day, the poll is what matters. And if you want to see something gone, you're more than welcome to create your own thread w/poll on what to remove.
[DOUBLEPOST=1416711394,1416711300][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are we to start making threads and asking for rules to be changed after years and years every time we get annoyed or don't like a rule?
Why not? The threads will be annoying, yes. But we can't stop people from asking for change.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I apologize if it brings up feelings but I just go by what the general consensus feels like ..the 9 out of 10 is just a guess judging by what i see in the server.. I don't want to get anyone angry..we're all friends here.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I never said why not or it can't be done, I just think it would be absurd.

I also think the majority of people that would be affected will not be voting.

I do not think people should mock it, I'm just against it personally.

Sorry if i got riled up.

:damage:

Last edited:

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Personally, I think tubes are the only thing in cod4 that you can't overcome with skill. Cheap lmgs and campers are typically predictable, as are clays and other sources of frustration. Tubes on the other hand, are simply hard to miss and hold very good splash damage. Their only weakness is the reload time, really.

That said, I voted not to ban because I believe in the right to play as you see fit, as long as your not cheating. #freedom

Plus a player that can overcome the tube is one who deserves respect; and I personally make it a challenge every time a tuber pops up on a1 :D

Top Bottom