The Krew...

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
People just don't play COD4 anymore, but you can't blame them for not wanting to. Damn thing's 7 years old. The clan had a lot of activity when COD 4 was only 3-4 years old, especially because we got a ton of regulars (most of whom have disappeared). I don't think our servers will ever get those amount of traffic again, so we should start moving onto new games. It doesn't have to be a single unifying games like COD 4 is right now, where everybody has it, but a game that many members have and already played together would be a good start. Most, if not all of our recruits have come from out COD 4 servers, so just another thing to keep in mind.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Also people would need to be able to run said game.
Exactly what i was thinking. One of the reasons cod4 has worked for so long is that it's incredibly easy to run on even the slowest of computers. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge most modern to semi-modern shooters have very little option when it comes to downgrading visuals for older rigs.

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
In all it's just hard to get everyone on the same game recently i've been playing Hero's and Generals which is WW2 Based it's free and the graphics are amazing. but in a nut shell a poll should be created to see what we can get going before COD is Dead.... but Counter Strike is out there, and plenty of other games which we can establish to the Krew. i know i know not everyone has the bit of a Super God Computer, but in hand something has to come to a rise, for the Krew to Survive!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Maybe we should make an effort to get the Hide and seek server going? It seems a lot of people sign up because of that one.
Gotta thank Vanossgaming for that one. He and his friends used the server to make Prop Hunt videos on and our forum URL can be seen in the videos. :w00t: Hide & Seek is loads of fun though. More people gotta try it.

And to stay on topic.. This topic has come up many times. It usually ends up with "Yes guys! Lets all get on and play *insert game here*.." That dies fairly quickly. We've tried adding different CoD4 gametypes and they usually die by the 2nd week. It's not that the game is boring, just people usually getting busy and *insert more valid reasons here*. We've tried getting an entirely new game (BFBC2) server going but it failed a bit because people didn't join it; we were late to the party. If you don't have a new game server as soon as the game comes out, it's gonna be real hard to get it populated when you're late to the game. CoD isn't helping either by not giving us real game servers to manage.

Another issue will be funds. I'm all up for providing funds to rent a new game server just so long as it gets used. With that said, if enough people are interested in getting a new game server, I can look into either upgrading our machine to handle the new game or rent a new server entirely for it.

Lastly, we're always open to suggestions.

PS. CoD4 may die soon, but KrewGaming will not. We have many people that have been here for years. krewgaming.com is part of their daily routine (I know it is for me) of websites they visit. So as long as we have people in the shoutbox and people continue making posts/threads, KrewGaming will continue chugging along. Besides, this is the one place people don't need a "beast" computer to have fun on. :D

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
Gotta thank Vanossgaming for that one. He and his friends used the server to make Prop Hunt videos on and our forum URL can be seen in the videos. :w00t: Hide & Seek is loads of fun though. More people gotta try it.

And to stay on topic.. This topic has come up many times. It usually ends up with "Yes guys! Lets all get on and play *insert game here*.." That dies fairly quickly. We've tried adding different CoD4 gametypes and they usually die by the 2nd week. It's not that the game is boring, just people usually getting busy and *insert more valid reasons here*. We've tried getting an entirely new game (BFBC2) server going but it failed a bit because people didn't join it; we were late to the party. If you don't have a new game server as soon as the game comes out, it's gonna be real hard to get it populated when you're late to the game. CoD isn't helping either by not giving us real game servers to manage.

Another issue will be funds. I'm all up for providing funds to rent a new game server just so long as it gets used. With that said, if enough people are interested in getting a new game server, I can look into either upgrading our machine to handle the new game or rent a new server entirely for it.

Lastly, we're always open to suggestions.

PS. CoD4 may die soon, but KrewGaming will not. We have many people that have been here for years. krewgaming.com is part of their daily routine (I know it is for me) of websites they visit. So as long as we have people in the shoutbox and people continue making posts/threads, KrewGaming will continue chugging along. Besides, this is the one place people don't need a "beast" computer to have fun on. :D

indeed krewgaming wont die when cod dies, and many of us will stick around even without a game. but still, having a shooter, in our case cod, is kinda a central element of our gaming clan. i know we have tried venturing into other games before, and i also admit i didnt get up and get bfbc2 when a server was launched, i would be along for the ride now tho. i think being confronted with the fact that cod will meet its end relativly soon, and the activity gets less and less by the day, it changes peoples perspective about this. many clanmembers have ventured into other games as it is, we just need to do it together. if we really put our minds to it, i think we can manage to establish ourselves in a new game.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
The game might not be as popular as it once was, but as for the krew, Go to the forum homepage and look to the left where it lists newest members. at time of writing, it was 9 on sunday, 5 Yesterday, and another one today. That's 15 new members in 3 days. Not bad if you ask me.

Y()()() M()N

The Old Guy
|K3| Member
i agree, in time cod 4 will become like our waw server, few players, but active on the weekends, and a small friendly community. so i think atleast 1 or 2 of our cod servers should last. but venturing into other games is certainly a good idea, been thinking about making a thread like this for a while actully.

when bf4 was announced wally made a thread asking us if we would get it, possibly adapting it to the krew. if that is still an option that can be discussed, im all for it, battlefield is awsome (that goes for bc2, 3 & 4 btw)

however im open for other games aswell. whatever the krew can have fun with. i just think it should be a shooter, and maybe even a bit more teambased then cod!

we shouldnt wait until cod is dead to do this tho, it will take the members some time to all get the same game, and to establish us in a new game. then again, im pretty sure wally has something figured out, and will prolly make one of his leadership threads soon ;) :iykwim:
Hi genius, thx for the link to this thread, ya im OK with playing any other games as long as my old boat anchor computer can keep up with them[DOUBLEPOST=1415843522][/DOUBLEPOST]
The game might not be as popular as it once was, but as for the krew, Go to the forum homepage and look to the left where it lists newest members. at time of writing, it was 9 on sunday, 5 Yesterday, and another one today. That's 15 new members in 3 days. Not bad if you ask me.
ya thats quite an interest Mark

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
Hi genius, thx for the link to this thread, ya im OK with playing any other games as long as my old boat anchor computer can keep up with them[DOUBLEPOST=1415843522][/DOUBLEPOST]
ja, this thread died disappointingly fast, seems like we are doing this last minute after all :/

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive

This might be difficult with almost any new game. I'm finding more and more that my PC can't run the new games. Mostly this is due to only having 4gb of RAM, but with a couple of the new games, even my quad core CPU isn't up to par.

Top Bottom