CoD4 for Mac?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
you wont need the crack since you have the key

Ok that was what I thought. Glad to hear I didn't leave out vital files to make this version work. I've never downloaded a game from the internet that wasn't through steam/origin/uplay.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Will that effect my install?
No it won't. When you open the game up for the first time, it'll ask you for the keycode.

Forgot I had deleted the DMG from my external not so long ago and I was just going to send you my CoD4 directory in a zip file. Either way, that torrent will work just fine. I tried uploading my CoD4 zip but it was taking 3+ hours to finish. Let me know if you still need this so I can start uploading while I sleep.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
yeah if it really is an Aspyr version it has no connection to steam so it will open just like any non steam game..I got mine on disc from the apple store...the app store version i heard has weird little problems with punkbuster or something

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Okay update:

I have the game downloaded and installed. I have no idea how to install the patch on mac since it wont auto-find my game. It installed directly to the Macintosh HD and has it's own folder next to the applications, library, opt, system, user info and users folders. Is that bad? Should I move it?

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
The problem is that the game is in 1.5... I can't find a 1.6 patch...

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
google is your friend[DOUBLEPOST=1412998878,1412998770][/DOUBLEPOST]are you sure? i thought the mac version came out after the patch.. the one i bought was 1.7 already

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
it tells me that my install is incomplete

It's weird though. Every out-of-the-box install from the PC version was always 1.6. And like you said, there was no 1.5 release on Mac...

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Aspyr's version is 1.5. They didn't make a 1.6 update so you'll need to find the 1.7 "digital download" patch.

The update won't find your game, just browse to your CoD folder and hit OK.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Aspyr's version is 1.5. They didn't make a 1.6 update so you'll need to find the 1.7 "digital download" patch.

The update won't find your game, just browse to your CoD folder and hit OK.

That worked perfectly.

I must say I'm surprised at the power this little laptop has. I completely maxed everything and was still getting 90-100 FPS steady.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Same thing but now for windows.

I need a reputable CoD4 GOTY download. I have a key but can't seem to find anything except the demo.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I created a CoD4 GOTY ISO about 2 weeks ago. I'll upload it to our server and send you a download link.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457421724,1457421256][/DOUBLEPOST]uploading the file to the server now. ETA 3.1 hours. I'll be asleep by then :K And even then, I'm not sure how fast the download would be. Download speeds should be fast, just not sure if I'll have it in the proper directory for the fast download to work. We'll see.

Hopefully my interwebs don't take a dump during the upload.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I created a CoD4 GOTY ISO about 2 weeks ago. I'll upload it to our server and send you a download link.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457421724,1457421256][/DOUBLEPOST]uploading the file to the server now. ETA 3.1 hours. I'll be asleep by then :K And even then, I'm not sure how fast the download would be. Download speeds should be fast, just not sure if I'll have it in the proper directory for the fast download to work. We'll see.

Hopefully my interwebs don't take a dump during the upload.

Thanks WaLLy!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The upload failed last night :/

I'll give it another go tonight.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
If not I may be able to find a DVD in my dad's collection next week.

Thanks!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The upload failed last night. I was uploading it to our forum's webserver. This morning, I uploaded to our NY server and after 3 hours it's there. Only problem now is it's not setup for downloading just yet. Tough part is done. Tonight I should have it done when I get home or if I get a chance during my downtime at work.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Thanks WaLLy! You're the best!
[DOUBLEPOST=1457576729][/DOUBLEPOST]Beside me of course...

Top Bottom