CoD4 for Mac?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Hey guys,

I want to see how well my MacBook can run CoD4. It does have a pretty decent mobile graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB) so I'm still trying to stress test it.

I do have a key code(for PC if they're different).

I want a legitimate download for it that I don't have to pay extra for. I will not even consider pirating anything.

Anyone know where I can get a mac download?

-Nick

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i lent my disc to joemomma 3 years ago...if he can find it (it's been sent or may be in his room ,lol)
ur welcome to use it but send it back to me ... I doubt he has it but it's worth a shot :K

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
i lent my disc to joemomma 3 years ago...if he can find it (it's been sent or may be in his room ,lol)
ur welcome to use it but send it back to me ... I doubt he has it but it's worth a shot :K

Lmao. It's been so long I don't even know how I'd contact him at all.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Just download it from wherever and use your PC key. How can that be illegal?

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Yeah, the product key is all that matters in legitimacy for cod4.

You'll probably get around 400-500 fps depending on cpu.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I sent my disc to Tombraider a while back. It's probably at some truck stop in Podunk, Virginia.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team

"Higher crysis 3 framerate9.85 fpsvs7.4 fps"

That made me laugh. lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1412852841][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just download it from wherever and use your PC key. How can that be illegal?

I always figured that the download itself was considered illegal since that's what seems to get people in trouble. I guess if I use a legitimate key with it there should be no problems but I'm still concerned with getting the "We caught you" email my mom got 5 years ago when I was downloading movies (when my freaking disk drive broke and couldn't use my DVDs).

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
"Higher crysis 3 framerate9.85 fpsvs7.4 fps"

That made me laugh. lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1412852841][/DOUBLEPOST]

I always figured that the download itself was considered illegal since that's what seems to get people in trouble. I guess if I use a legitimate key with it there should be no problems but I'm still concerned with getting the "We caught you" email my mom got 5 years ago when I was downloading movies (when my freaking disk drive broke and couldn't use my DVDs).
DVD's you own? The last time I read a license agreement, I found that they usually allow you to have a backup copy. If you paid for it and own it, you can basically say screw you to the we caught you letter.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
DVD's you own? The last time I read a license agreement, I found that they usually allow you to have a backup copy. If you paid for it and own it, you can basically say screw you to the we caught you letter.

I'm not sure how Romanian laws are regarding copyright but America is very, very strict. If you so much as have one small unlicensed thing (i.e. a screen shot from Apple's website on a University website to tell your students which MacBook to buy) they can actually file a lawsuit that you will lose. If you didn't guess my my example, my school almost had a lawsuit from Apple but our Apple representative gave the administration a warning.

For movies it may be completely different, I'm not sure. But it sure did scare the crap out of both my mom and I, especially considering that we already paid for the product I was "stealing" (at much lower quality).

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I know about copyright in the states. My point was that you are allowed to download something if you paid for it and lost the disc.

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
I'm on the early 2014 Retina 15" with the 2GB graphics card and it runs really well. I'm not sure if you still can but I got it from the Apple App Store

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'm on the early 2014 Retina 15" with the 2GB graphics card and it runs really well. I'm not sure if you still can but I got it from the Apple App Store

That's the exact one I have lmao. Well mine might be the late model. I got it late August/early September.

The mac app store version costs moneys. I have a key code, I just need the download. Lol.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
That's the exact one I have lmao. Well mine might be the late model. I got it late August/early September.

The mac app store version costs moneys. I have a key code, I just need the download. Lol.
Download it via a torrent site(I can even host my file for ya if you want). That's what I did I have the PC version and I just downloaded the dmg. CD KEY is not platform specific. If you still don't want to download it from a torrent source then I'm afraid you would have no choice but to either find a friend with it or buy it again.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
http://mac.brothersoft.com/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-download.html

I'm gonna try downloading the DMG from this link. I ran a security check on it and it turned up clean so I'm gonna try it.

Now when I launch CoD on Mac will it run it's own disk image every time like RuneScape, or will it run like a normal application?[DOUBLEPOST=1412987431][/DOUBLEPOST]They advertised it as the freaking game... It's only a patch. I hate websites like that...[DOUBLEPOST=1412988901][/DOUBLEPOST]
http://kat.works/call-of-duty-4-k-ed-mac-ikmn-t220998.html

not sure if the pc key will work but this is the Aspyr version ,non-steam..it's the version I have..Steam versions i've heard have some small issues but i don't know

Decided to try that torrent. It tried to download crack files but I unchecked those. Will that effect my install?

Last edited:
Top Bottom