New graphics card

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
@Cryogenic Flare I think your system is pretty good, mid range, but to up things a bit, id get the cpu @Kreubs suggested: http://www.amazon.com/AMD-FD8350FRH...F8&qid=1400122951&sr=1-1&keywords=amd+fx+8350
and id get this card: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...ie=UTF8&qid=1400122854&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx770

You'll have 473 bucks left over from that 1k....my graphics card died recently, you can help a brother out? :p lol

Workstation graphics cards are the same as and often less powerful than gaming cards, the price is more for drivers that make them optimized for various video production software. They are also VERY EXPENSIVE!

Take a look at this video,I think it suits game recording perfectly

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The GTX 770 is a beast. @ottoids has a 760 and he runs BF3 on all ultra at 60-100 fps at 1920x1080. Given, he has an i5, but the 8350 has 8 cores so it can generally hold its own.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
I'm
The GTX 770 is a beast. @ottoids has a 760 and he runs BF3 on all ultra at 60-100 fps at 1920x1080. Given, he has an i5, but the 8350 has 8 cores so it can generally hold its own.
My old HD7950 still plays BF3 on Ultra also lol 50-70FPS. 1920x1080

GTX770 is also a great card if you're looking for something cheaper, might be better bang for the buck also.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
If I were you, I'd defiantly upgrade CPU and buy another SSD for recording.
Another Harddrive would surpass, but I would rather have a device that can write 400MB/s. Plus, if you give up on recording, you can use it for another computer build possibly in the future.

Buying a new GPU for $1k would honestly imo be pointless, 7850 is fine for modern games today.

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
So can we have a final build that I should buy/replace?
You guys are saying all these things, I mostly have no idea what they mean

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
I know this is weird, but could I keep my current graphics card and use two at the same time? or would that be pointless. Like 4 monitors?

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
I know this is weird, but could I keep my current graphics card and use two at the same time? or would that be pointless. Like 4 monitors?
You would have to get the same graphics card and down the line it wouldn't be as worth as getting say a 770.

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
Pretty much pointless, you can always sell the 7850, according to the specs, the gtx 770 I linked can run 4 monitors.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Crysis 3 runs nearly maxed on an i3 and 6950... the 770 and 8350 shouldn't have a problem lol.

That being said, I don't have an Nvidia card so idk how well they run games.

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
k
I might buy them eventually, although I'm not hurting for money. I'm still not ready to spend a large amount

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Patriot Gamer 2 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD316G1333ELK
AMD FX-4300 Vishera 3.8GHz (4.0GHz) Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor FD4300WMHKBOX

Samsung 840 Pro series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid state dtive
I have no idea of what any of this is. I know it's computer parts and they work

Motherboard : - you need to lose that 970 motherboard for a 990fx version - as it works better with the 8 core cpu's

CPU: - the AMD FX8350 is a good but you mentioned an Intel Core i5 there to which your friend had - when it comes to gaming the Intel Core i5 3570K is slightly better than the AMD FX8350. other benfits for the i5 are its a better overclocker altho from what you have said im guessing this wont interest you much but you could learn, uses less power than the fx series chip and there for runs cooler (so you wont need to add and after market cpu cooler to your list). pluses for the FX8350 are other than the things stated for i5 the FX8350 can match the i5 in every other department and it can handle multi-threading applications better.

GPU: - as said before if your wanting to run the GTX770 card then you really need to be using the AMD FX8350 at least as anything lower spec wise than that will see your CPU not being able to process the information fast enough meaning you wont be seeing all the performance the GTX770 has to offer

Power Supply: - SeaSonic make good power supplies and also make power supplies for some of the big brands out there but you would better off with a corsair RM series 650w power supply as its 80% + gold rated and fully modular so no hassle keeping the cables tidy

Ram: - imo you would be better off with some faster memory as 1333mhz is slow. would be better off with with 1866mhz or at least 1600mhz DDR3 memory altho it may mean you have to drop down to 8gb of ram instead of the 16gb you have listed due to price

SSD: - might be worth looking looking at a Samsung 840 basic package as you can get more space for similar money, only thing is you dont get no accessories with a basic package but then you dont need an external caddy as you will be using it as an internal drive etc

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
Motherboard : - you need to lose that 970 motherboard for a 990fx version - as it works better with the 8 core cpu's

CPU: - the AMD FX8350 is a good but you mentioned an Intel Core i5 there to which your friend had - when it comes to gaming the Intel Core i5 3570K is slightly better than the AMD FX8350. other benfits for the i5 are its a better overclocker altho from what you have said im guessing this wont interest you much but you could learn, uses less power than the fx series chip and there for runs cooler (so you wont need to add and after market cpu cooler to your list). pluses for the FX8350 are other than the things stated for i5 the FX8350 can match the i5 in every other department and it can handle multi-threading applications better.

GPU: - as said before if your wanting to run the GTX770 card then you really need to be using the AMD FX8350 at least as anything lower spec wise than that will see your CPU not being able to process the information fast enough meaning you wont be seeing all the performance the GTX770 has to offer

Power Supply: - SeaSonic make good power supplies and also make power supplies for some of the big brands out there but you would better off with a corsair RM series 650w power supply as its 80% + gold rated and fully modular so no hassle keeping the cables tidy

Ram: - imo you would be better off with some faster memory as 1333mhz is slow. would be better off with with 1866mhz or at least 1600mhz DDR3 memory altho it may mean you have to drop down to 8gb of ram instead of the 16gb you have listed due to price

SSD: - might be worth looking looking at a Samsung 840 basic package as you can get more space for similar money, only thing is you dont get no accessories with a basic package but then you dont need an external caddy as you will be using it as an internal drive etc
all of that was........really so useful.........

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
all of that was........really so useful.........

if your being sarcastic idiot then sort yourself out, i was just giving my veiws on things i would change and for what parts and reason why. if not then im sorry it just came across as tho you were and if you was then im not sorry at all.

Top Bottom