New graphics card

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
I'm looking to buy a new graphics card for recording games as well as gaming.
I currently have a Radeon R7850 and I'm looking for something to improve my current recording.
Price really isn't an issue so long as it stay below 1k

I don't know crap about computer parts and building 'em so any advice on what I should be looking for would be helpful :D

:bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf::bf:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If price isn't an issue and you can spend up to 1k on a GPU alone, why not build a whole new PC?

To what kind of GPU upgrade you should get, that would depend on your other hardware.

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
If you get a really nice GPU, but your other parts can't support the same max range it can, there is no point.

I agree with Damage, if you have 1k... Why just GPU?

Maccabeus

Private First Class
|K3| Member
Well I can give you some advice but the charge is a new headset/mic.
Still below 1k though

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
I think you would have to give us a little more information to get better help, as pointed out before.

What does your current rig look like? ram? cpu?

Also, idk what you game on, resolution, number monitors you use would also influence the choice in card.

With recording, as far as I've known, fraps has been the standard to record gameplay, but from a few buddies of mine, been hearing good things about Nvidia and their shadowplay software.
Fraps usually cuts down your framerate a bit while recording, Shadowplay is said to have a minimal impact on fps.
Shadowplay is nvidia exclusive btw. check it out

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Like Nate said we would need to know the remaining of the PC's specs. What are you recording? At what FPS are you recording at? I would suggest maybe investing in an SSD or better CPU depending on your specs. BTW HD7850 is still decent now a days for gaming.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Overheating problems with THREE fans? I doubt it. I think there are other versions that don't have the three fans. My Sapphire GPU has two, and it runs very cool.

I would hold off on jumping the gun on a $600 GPU.

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Patriot Gamer 2 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD316G1333ELK
AMD FX-4300 Vishera 3.8GHz (4.0GHz) Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor FD4300WMHKBOX

Samsung 840 Pro series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid state dtive
I have no idea of what any of this is. I know it's computer parts and they work

Last edited:

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
You definitely need a new CPU as well. It'll bottleneck anything over $200 pretty hard.

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
I have a Samsung 840 Pro series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid state dvire[DOUBLEPOST=1400102892][/DOUBLEPOST]I was told by my friends that there are recording graphics cards and gaming cards, is there a real difference?

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
I have a Samsung 840 Pro series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid state dvire[DOUBLEPOST=1400102892][/DOUBLEPOST]I was told by my friends that there are recording graphics cards and gaming cards, is there a real difference?
You might be thinking of a workstation graphics card. They cost a lot more and are used for video editing, 3D modelling... You want to game so you want a gaming card and it will do just fine in recording gameplay. You might still want to get a bigger drive depending on how much recording you do.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Build a new CPU. That's my best recommendation. It's a lot easier than you think.

I mean, $700 bux for one part is crazy. You can build a nice new one for double that or less.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
My entire system is really nice and cost about $700(maybe less) not including the screen, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc.

Top Bottom