Round Ending Killcams on a9 (Poll Closed)

Should round ending killcams be added to a9?

• Yes

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
This has been a request from pretty much everyone in the past few months and i thought i should finally bring it to attention to the rest of the krew community. @PrestoN Has added the ability to watch the killcam from the player that has just killed you. BUT, there aren't round ending killcams like other public promod servers in the community. This would bring more traffic to the server, and also bring more traffic to the krew.

Also: Preston has stated that when the killcams will be added, it will lag the server. This is incorrect. If you get the correct mod for the round ending killcams it will look like all of the other public promod servers with round ending killcams (Not slow motion). Now if @PrestoN will not do this (IF the vote passes) I believe that another moderator should be assigned to the task (@advnt @The Moment ). Seeing as this can only bring more traffic to the server. So why not?

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK THEM BELOW.

Last edited:

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Don't see why you don't just /record if you want to get your kills that probably wont happen at the end.
Chances are wont bring much more traffic at all but ye, whatever poll ends up as.

My counter, a lot of end kills are afk guys and 99% of them will be average kills when it could just move on to the next round. Playing in the server more often will bring more people, not a killcam.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I voted yes, I'm not sure if it will lag the server but from the promod servers I did play in, they usually had final killcams. I also agree with Hultsy that it's a possibility that it'll bring more players to our server. Changing it anyway possible couldn't hurt considering that our promod server is pretty much dead.

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@PrestoN A lot of public players simply will not play in servers without round ending killcams any longer. It just gives something to strive for toward the end of rounds. Not everyone has the capability to record, and not everyone knows about that. Simply putting the killcam in does bring in a lot more players.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
There's also a lot of people who despise them. And we're pretty much the only server without them. Adding it wont help anything since none of us have been playing it much lately.

Carry on votingvpeoples.

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
:bump:[DOUBLEPOST=1397146282][/DOUBLEPOST]From this point forward, if you vote no please specify why.

Last edited:

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Its already won, but I'm too busy today and tomorrow to do it. @advnt you have permission to touch le server. Kappa

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
The final vote is:
15 - Yes
3 - No

If @PrestoN could find some time in his schedule within the next week to do this, it would be much appreciated. Thank you everyone for voting.

advnt

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Former Krew Member
Its already won, but I'm too busy today and tomorrow to do it. @advnt you have permission to touch le server. Kappa
I don't know how. I've never used FTP or anything, and I don't even have the rcon password for a9. I was never presented with that information, sooo...

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
I don't know how. I've never used FTP or anything, and I don't even have the rcon password for a9. I was never presented with that information, sooo...
Dont need rcon, just dl filezilla its super simple, its just a cod4 folder

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
dunnerooni changed to 211 so that it was possible etc etc

ty for netsky files ez

ty walter for super fast command line change

Last edited:

Eztazy

Private First Class
Former Krew Member
dunnerooni changed to 211 so that it was possible etc etc

ty for netsky files ez

ty walter for super fast command line change
how is it workin? no lag or such? :eek:
edit: the ruleset says netsky in the server (at start) netsky custom ruleset, aswell as the download speed of the mods are set to like 25kbs (belive you gotta setup the redirect thingy)
other then that looks baws :D

Last edited:

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
how is it workin? no lag or such? :eek:
edit: the ruleset says netsky in the server (at start) netsky custom ruleset, aswell as the download speed of the mods are set to like 25kbs (belive you gotta setup the redirect thingy)
other then that looks baws :D
We have no redirect since its only about 400 kb, and where does it say netsky exactly its in the script so I'll get in there and change it

Top Bottom