I need a new mouse and headset

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I currently have a Logitech G500 which my left-click has started to double-click when I only do a single click. That's all lovely when I play CoD but it gets quite annoying browsing around. Filling out a form is a PITA too XD

Which mouse do you recommend? For starters, I'm not looking to get something that looks like a Transformer. I don't know the name of it, but you can bet I'm not buying that one. All I really need and want is side buttons that do back/forward and the scroll wheel that has a button where I can allow the wheel to scroll freely on its own. I don't know what that feature is called, but I'm sure some of you know what I'm referring to. Looking to spend about 50 bucks on it. Again, nothing fancy. Ah, and I don't care if it has any weights on it either. I don't notice a difference with or without 'em.

Finally getting a headset so I can talk to you monkeys, or at least talk some sheet while we keel each other :K. Not really sure what I want as far as features go but I want it to work for PC/PS3/PS4/Xbox One (forget the 360, but if it works on it too, then great!). Do I want it wireless? I'm not sure. I've had a wireless keyboard and mouse about a decade ago and I hated it. Batteries died OFTEN! What am I looking to spend? I'm not sure. Lets shoot for 200, for now.

I'll send you an Internet c00kie for the help. :)

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Turtle beaches ive heard have sounded awful. I liked my Siberias i had for about 4 years. Idk anything about cross platform headsets so no opinion.

Why the scroll wheel though? Scrolling through something long i just press scroll wheel and drag down. Dont know about any of the mice with that feature.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Turtle beaches ive heard have sounded awful. I liked my Siberias i had for about 4 years. Idk anything about cross platform headsets so no opinion.

Why the scroll wheel though? Scrolling through something long i just press scroll wheel and drag down. Dont know about any of the mice with that feature.
This is my mouse
logitechg500.png

The button below the scroll wheel allows for the scroll wheel to scroll up/down freely without me doing it. Basically if I unclick that button and move the scroll wheel down really fast, it scrolls down until I stop it or eventually momentum stops it. I would hate not having that in the new mouse.

let the 75th Nerd games commece!
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_143U32...91145&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=18432536185&awdv=c
steelseries and turtle bitches both have cross platform sets for cheaper
That one looks good! :thinking:

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
What kind of grip type do you use on your mice? Palm, claw or fingertip?
Not so sure about console compatibility, but have you considered headphones + mic combo?

So far I would recommend:
- Logitech G400s
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones
- Blue Snowball desktop mic ~$55 or Zalman ZM-Mic1 clip-on mic ~$8

The free flowing scroll wheel is called HyperScrolling and so far I think the G500 / G500s are the only mice that have it, besides the discontinued G9 / G9x.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
ATH M50s + Zalman + adapter for console = about $150 so you can take cash out of that section and just get another G500 for your scrollzy wizzle.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
SteelSeries Rival
SteelSeries Siberia V2
And get a SteelSeries QcK mousepad while you're at it.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Are you looking to listen to music with these headphones in a serious way? Or just play games?

If you're just playing games and talking to people, then you definitely want wireless (so you can get up and walk around and stuff like that) and you're looking for much different sound quality. Focus on separation and stereo imaging (don't buy into that 7.1 headset bullshit). ANd you also want to focus on mic quality.

For instance, I have amazing 40mm powered headphones that kick the b&w P9's ass, but I prefer my $100 pair of in ears with 5mm drivers for FPS because i can hear people more easily.

Logitech makes some decent sounding headsets with great mics that are wireless.

Polk just came out with wireless/wired (ur choice) gaming headsets that probably kick ass, but i'll have to check on that.

Don't get turtle beaches. The VP of engineering at turtle beach was so unhappy with how little attention was given to sound quality and design that he left the company. Recently.[DOUBLEPOST=1395068085][/DOUBLEPOST] These are decent: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055L5K8Q/ref=asc_df_B0055L5K8Q2896625?smid=A18CQLTGKFOVQH&tag=pgmp-473-97-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B0055L5K8Q
150 bux worth of sound quality? Definitely not. However, they are really functional.

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
yea joona was suggesting wally get good headphones and a separate mic.

I will say, wally if you want something decent, definitely be prepared to spend over 100 bux.

In my opinion, it's worth it to invest in a damned good pair of headphones. You'll keep them for years. You'll love them. They will transform your music and your understanding of how it was made.

But, that's just me.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Wally's married he can't get joona's blue balls..:K i'm sure he already has good head....phones..

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I don't think Beats pros would be good for gaming.

They are decent full range headphones but their bass is peaky and isn't natural. The high end is too present, which will drown out a lot of the stuff near 1k that you need to really hear footsteps and stuff.

Good for movies, cuz that big bass BOOOOOM is good for how movies are mixed, not as good for a playing scenario.

Plus, a wireless headset with a good boom mic will facilitate "hanging out" while you talk and play. Go get food, take a break, tie your shoes, play twister.... w/e while you can still be incommunicado with people. And if they sound really good and have good separation and imaging, they will benefit your playing in FPS a lot.

The polks will be god for cinematic games, as well. STill waiting to hear if they are any good. Waiting on my trusted source.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
yea for the mouse I'd say just go get another $40 logitech. I still use mine. Really happy with it. It's simple, 2 side buttons. Laser mouse. Everything you want.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
What kind of grip type do you use on your mice? Palm, claw or fingertip?
Not so sure about console compatibility, but have you considered headphones + mic combo?

So far I would recommend:
- Logitech G400s
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones
- Blue Snowball desktop mic ~$55 or Zalman ZM-Mic1 clip-on mic ~$8

The free flowing scroll wheel is called HyperScrolling and so far I think the G500 / G500s are the only mice that have it, besides the discontinued G9 / G9x.

Grip? You mean, like how my hand sits on the mouse? Probably palm as the whole hand it sitting on it.

I gave it some thought, but I'd rather just get an all-in-one. Mainly looking for a headset that's compatible on consoles as well. I do use my PS3 from time to time and playing GTA 5 online with @HIBred and @DamageINC might be fun!

Thanks! I definitely want to get HyperScrolling mouse. I'll look into the G500s.

ATH M50s + Zalman + adapter for console = about $150 so you can take cash out of that section and just get another G500 for your scrollzy wizzle.

Cheaper, yes. But I'd pay a bit more extra to have an all-in-one system.

SteelSeries Rival
SteelSeries Siberia V2
And get a SteelSeries QcK mousepad while you're at it.

Thanks! i'll look into those as well.

Are you looking to listen to music with these headphones in a serious way? Or just play games?

If you're just playing games and talking to people, then you definitely want wireless (so you can get up and walk around and stuff like that) and you're looking for much different sound quality. Focus on separation and stereo imaging (don't buy into that 7.1 headset bullshit). ANd you also want to focus on mic quality.

For instance, I have amazing 40mm powered headphones that kick the b&w P9's ass, but I prefer my $100 pair of in ears with 5mm drivers for FPS because i can hear people more easily.

Logitech makes some decent sounding headsets with great mics that are wireless.

Polk just came out with wireless/wired (ur choice) gaming headsets that probably kick ass, but i'll have to check on that.

Don't get turtle beaches. The VP of engineering at turtle beach was so unhappy with how little attention was given to sound quality and design that he left the company. Recently.[DOUBLEPOST=1395068085][/DOUBLEPOST] These are decent: http:\/www.amazon.com/dp/B0055L5K8Q/ref=asc_df_B0055L5K8Q2896625?smid=A18CQLTGKFOVQH&tag=pgmp-473-97-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B0055L5K8Q
150 bux worth of sound quality? Definitely not. However, they are really functional.

The headset would only get used for gaming and TS3. For music, I'll use the pros since they're over the ear. Much more comfortable for me.

That Logitech headset is nice! :thanks:

yea joona was suggesting wally get good headphones and a separate mic.

I will say, wally if you want something decent, definitely be prepared to spend over 100 bux.

In my opinion, it's worth it to invest in a damned good pair of headphones. You'll keep them for years. You'll love them. They will transform your music and your understanding of how it was made.

But, that's just me.

If it's worth it, I don't mind spending the money on it. Would much rather pay upfront than having to buy some cheap shit now and it goes bad quickly.

Good points on the wireless headset too. Will definitely be better suited when it's time to use it on a console.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
For your use i'd go with an all-in-one
I'd seriously check out the logitechs.

Best buy might even have a set for ''demo''

Still checking on the polks.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Yeah. I need a new mouse as well. I currently have the Naga. It's a decent mouse but it's more of an MMO mouse than anything. 17 buttons...:p I rarely play MMO's these days. I've had some problem with it lately. The left mouse button gets stuck sometimes and I've experienced some strange stuff. Example: I was playing COD4 yesterday and my aim just snapped to the ground/to the left without me even moving the mouse. This happened in CS:GO as well a few weeks ago.

So I was thinking about either getting the SteelSeries Rival or the SteelSeries Sensei. Which is better?

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
So I was thinking about either getting the SteelSeries Rival or the SteelSeries Sensei. Which is better?
I have the Xai which is basically the Sensei and it's amazing.

Rival is optical and I prefer le laser. Rival seems like kinzu v3 and I've heard meh things about the Kinzu mice.

Sensei is also ambidextrous while the Rival is righty. The ambidextrous design is still super comfortable.

Top Bottom