Recommend an app

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I just bought a couple of Ipads yesterday (One for me, one for my son cos it's his birthday soon), and i'd like some recommendations about app to go on them. Also i thought it might be a good idea to recommend apps for android users as a lot of us have android phones and tablets as well, so go ahead ladies and gents, what are your favourite app, and a brief description of what they do would be awesome :)

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Well, it depends on what you are going to do with your iPads.

The Apps I use daily are:

Office:​
Pages - apple-made text editor, because I work with text a lot.
iZip - lets you use .zip files on your iPad, which is very important for me.
DjVu Reader - DJVU reader.
DocScanHD - lets you take a photo of a paper and convert it into a .pdf file, which is also very useful for me.
QuickOffice Pro HD - complete laggy crap but I didn't pay for it and I use it to edit .pptx files on iPad, not too often, tho. I heard that official microsoft office is coming.
Might need Adobe Reader - not sure if it was free or not.
Dropbox - my personal favouite. Lets you keep a 2GB or even larger folder synchronized on all your devices. Able to read most common files like .docs, .txt, .pdf, .ppts and so on. Not a text editor, tho. Another great advantage is that you can open files in it, including .zip, .djvu, which it doesn't read and then share them with your friends by sending them links. Very useful when you need to share something and you are not home. It's free, btw.
Offline Pages - copy a Safari link, paste it into Offline Pages and download sites - in case you have a flight or you need to read something on subwa, or anywhere else where connection is not very good.
SpeedTest X - the speedtest-made app to check your internet, I guess it was free.
Google Chrome, Gmail, Google Maps, and Google Drive - 'cause I love Google.
And a number of English-ENglish, English-Russian, and German-Russian legal and regular dictionaries which no one else here needs.

Other:
Twitter
FaceBok
Pay Pal
SnapSeed and Skitch - photo editors
CalcHD - calculator
QuickMark - a QRR reader
Shazam - music identifier ("listens" to a song, shows you its name and artist, gets you a link to buy it in iTunes)
Maps With Me and CoPilot Premium HD - navigation
TripAdvisor and Booking.com - for travelling
Euronews live, Euronews, Euronews Radio, NatureJournals and Flipboard
A number of magazines and newspapers

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
All this is for Android.

Winamp Pro is my fav app. And SD rescan for media that doesn't show up via wifi xfer from a shared folder on my PC. After a scan, it shows up in Winamp. Thing i like best about Winamp is that it looks up and tags your music automatically with ID3 and album art.

I don't do Social Media, but I've used Skype a few times with good results.

The Kindle app is my Fav for reading. I've tried three or four, but found this to be the best.

ES file explorer is probably the most useful app i have.

Features List:
* File Manager – Manage your files like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Hide, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark; operations can be performed on local files (on Android device) or remotely (on your computer)

* Application Manager – categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your apps
* Remote File Manager – when enabled, manage files on your phone from your computer
* Built-in ZIP and RAR support allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
* Built-in viewers and players for various file types, including photos, music, and videos; supports third-party applications, such as Quick office, for opening others
* Shows thumbnails for APKs and images
* Text viewers and editors
* Access your home PC via WiFi with SMB
* Functions as your FTP and WebDAV client. Manage files on FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV servers just like you manage files on your SD card
* Supports Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive (Google Docs is now a part of Google Drive), SkyDrive, Amazon S3, Yandex and more.
ES File Explorer is an enhanced cloud storage client with more functions than the official versions,
it can save photos, videos, and other files to your internet drives and share them with others.
* Bluetooth file browser You can copy and paste files between Bluetooth ready devices. It supports OBEX FTP for browsing devices and transferring files between Bluetooth devices.
* Kill tasks with a single click, increase memory and speed up your device -- includes a simple widget that stays on your home screen for knowing your current RAM situation and automatically killing tasks, with an ignore list to ignore the applications you want to keep running.Task Manager module required
* Cache Cleaner and Autostart manager -- Delete those junk files that take up valuable storage space.Task Manager module required.
* Root Explorer -- the ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.

Watch ESPN is fantastic for sports, but I'm not sure if it would work in the UK. I doubt it.

I use Dolphin browser most of the time. Very smooth and fast, much more so than Chrome.

IMDB app is great for looking up movies and TV shows etc. Can see ratings, info, reviews and trailers.

Amazon mobile app is great as well.

I use Farlex offline Dictionary app which comes in handy quite a bit.

Nova launcher. Much better UI than Samsung's touch wiz.

Dropbox is really nice, although i don't use it. I just access my shared files folder via ES file explorer. Saves the time of uploading to DB on the PC.

Google Maps.

Clean master is really good for cleaning up the cache, unwanted APK's or apps etc.

Lookout security is quite good for many security needs.

World clock is cool for seeing the times in all parts of the world and all major cities.

Stop watch and alarm apps.

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
I only recommend one app and it's a game.
Get the app called Smash-hit. It's the #1 free app on the Apple AppStore and OMG it's so addictive.
All you gotta do is break glass with metal balls.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
All you gotta do is break glass with metal balls.

Sounds like hell of fun :troll:[DOUBLEPOST=1394449930][/DOUBLEPOST]Of all games, I used to be really addicted to Clash of Clans.
Now I barely ever play anything, but when I do it's either
FIFA14 (football) or Gravity Guy HD. It is quite a fun game in which you are supposed to run as far as possible dodging different obstacles. It is also possible to play it as a multiplayer game with up to 4 people on different devices OR on the same one.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'm not really that big of a mobile user, since I most likely will only read the news or watch videos on my phone, but here's my list of apps.

iOS
Code:
PlainText
Simplenote
Circa
Flipboard
Other
Dropbox
Mailbox
Convertible
Shazam
Photosynth
Converter+
Speedometer
Decible 1dB
yr.no
Speedtest
OneDrive
Wikipedia
BitTorrent Sync

Google Drive
Google Translate
Google Currents
Google Gmail
Google Maps
Google Authenticator

TED
IMDb
Vimeo
Khan Academy
Twitch
YouTube

Tumblr
Steam
Flickr
Imgur
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Android
Code:
Apex Launcher
Apollo

Google Drive
Google Authenticator
Google Translate
Google Keep
Google Hangouts
Google+
Gmail

QuickPic
Twitter
BitTorrent Sync
Dropbox
Flipboard
Flickr
Instagram
OneDrive
Simplenote
Speedtest
SketchBook (nice with a Galaxy Note)
Twitch
Twitter
Vimeo
Vortex
YouTube

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I'm not really that big of a mobile user, since I most likely will only read the news or watch videos on my phone, but here's my list of apps.

iOS
Code:
PlainText
Simplenote
Circa
Flipboard
Other
Dropbox
Mailbox
Convertible
Shazam
Photosynth
Converter+
Speedometer
Decible 1dB
yr.no
Speedtest
OneDrive
Wikipedia
BitTorrent Sync

Google Drive
Google Translate
Google Currents
Google Gmail
Google Maps
Google Authenticator

TED
IMDb
Vimeo
Khan Academy
Twitch
YouTube

Tumblr
Steam
Flickr
Imgur
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Oh, TED is great. The TEDiSUB one lets you record videos, too

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
robot-unicorn-attack-main-screen.png

0.99$

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
plague inc is a fun game, you create a disease and then mutate it to try and destroy humanity

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
Sounds like hell of fun :troll:[DOUBLEPOST=1394449930][/DOUBLEPOST]Of all games, I used to be really addicted to Clash of Clans.
Now I barely ever play anything, but when I do it's either
FIFA14 (football) or Gravity Guy HD. It is quite a fun game in which you are supposed to run as far as possible dodging different obstacles. It is also possible to play it as a multiplayer game with up to 4 people on different devices OR on the same one.
No bruh just play it -- it's so addicting. It's #1 for a reason.

Top Bottom