The Next "BIG" Thing is Here.

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
Guess what guyzzzz the Galaxy S5 came out. And i have something to say "the next same thing is here" (no hate) :lmao: I personally tend to not pick sides between phones and use the one that works better and is more convenient for me but this has to be discussed.
The only things here that are new are icons in Settings that look like ones in Nokia N8 from the Symbian OS, a fingerprint sensor from old laptops (the kind where you swipe you finger from top to bottom), a camera with three more megapixels SAY WHAAA?!? damn much pixel goodness so camera :| - However there is no new glass, sensor, nothing just a megapixel increase, furthermore, a new back plate which looks like band-aid or a graham cracker especially the "gold" one (Word glam and that kind of gold simply does not go together). And a new processor is present too plus a heart rate monitor (Yet another Samsung gimmick which will never be used but take up memory) :| two new smart watches were showed off too - both of which look -- well let's not talk about those
Anyway what are your thoughts in what I call a total disappointment
Just get an htc - one in blue color or a Nexus5 in red, and if you want gold then the iPhone IMO looks to sky and back better - at least it looks like a piece of jewelry instead of band-aid :k
Here is the link: http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/24/samsung-galaxy-s5-preview/

:lmao:

Damn that thing is hideous.

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Apple-Samsung-Nokia.jpg

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
lol mine too was a Nokia :K

IIRC, mine looked like
Nokia_3210.jpg

Snakes was pretty fun on that thing.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Guess what guyzzzz the Galaxy S5 came out. And i have something to say "the next same thing is here" (no hate) :lmao: I personally tend to not pick sides between phones and use the one that works better and is more convenient for me but this has to be discussed.
The only things here that are new are icons in Settings that look like ones in Nokia N8 from the Symbian OS, a fingerprint sensor from old laptops (the kind where you swipe you finger from top to bottom), a camera with three more megapixels SAY WHAAA?!? damn much pixel goodness so camera :| - However there is no new glass, sensor, nothing just a megapixel increase, furthermore, a new back plate which looks like band-aid or a graham cracker especially the "gold" one (Word glam and that kind of gold simply does not go together). And a new processor is present too plus a heart rate monitor (Yet another Samsung gimmick which will never be used but take up memory) :| two new smart watches were showed off too - both of which look -- well let's not talk about those
Anyway what are your thoughts in what I call a total disappointment
Just get an htc - one in blue color or a Nexus5 in red, and if you want gold then the iPhone IMO looks to sky and back better - at least it looks like a piece of jewelry instead of band-aid :k
Here is the link: http:\/www.engadget.com/2014/02/24/samsung-galaxy-s5-preview/
Damn that thing is hideous.

Heart rate monitor? my android has had an app for that for 2 years.
Megapixels above like 15MP don't matter unless you have a bigger lens. :)

Last edited:

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Samesung... That phone is barely better than the LG G2 which came out almost 6 months ago. I hear LG is supposed to come out with the G3 sometime within the next few months.

What I don't like about Samsung is the fact that they insist on using those (IMO) terrible AMOLED screens. AMOLEDS only look decent when they have a high ppi, but even then, equally dense IPS screens blow the AMOLEDs away in terms of clarity. Color accuracy is another thing, AMOLEDs tend to be terribly over saturated.
maxresdefault.jpg

^Here's what I mean.
If there is one thing that will turn me away from a phone, its an AMOLED, even if its HD.

Samsung is becoming the Apple of the Android market. They too have there fan boys who act as if you don't have a real smart phone unless its a Samsung Galaxy...

As for the 4K recording on a cell phone, its nothing but a gimmick. Very high resolutions are useless on such tiny sensors. Sure, you get the high resolution, but your quality won't be any better than a 1080p recording. The higher the resolution, the smaller the pixels on the sensor become. If they get too small, the pixels will begin bleeding over on to each other resulting in a loss of quality. It will also cause the device to suffer in low light. A decent 4K recording sensor should be at least APS-C sized, and even better, full frame 35mm. The glass used over the sensor is another thing.

Looks like the other guys are taking jabs at Samsung too. :K
gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

Last edited:

Dunial

Metal Master
|K3| Member
I am really disappointed.... i expected something NEW and IMO there is no mentionable difference betwen s4 and s5...:|

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
I got an LG Optimus F6. Its not fancy like the G2 but for a mid range phone it is pretty good.

I wan't to see how much the LG G3 stomps the S5 when it comes out. LGs older phones were not know for being the greatest but their latest models have been very solid.

Top Bottom