Rekoil

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive

So i just got this to try it out..it's cheap,simple,has rentable servers...but neatest of all it has full mod tools!
So people can make maps and gamemodes..i tried it out and it plays pretty smooth ..

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive

10 bucks on steam
there's already a bunch of servers, not too much ppl yet but i found some to play on

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Rekoil looks pretty stale. Christ...I got around to playing crysis recently, and I wish more shooters were like it. Open world, do whatever you want to do sort of game. Sucks balls that that wasn't the case for its two sequels. Many fps games ape cod 's formula so much, and it feels so stagnant playing new shooters nowadays. The genre needs a new Modern Warfare overhaul.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
thats the point of the mod tools..if you think its stale you just make your own map :)
I'm tired of all the extra crap they feel they need in new shooters these days..these type of indie games at least give ppl the tools so it's only limited by your imagination,could be really interesting to see everyones creations

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
It looks like a CoD/CS:S hybrid. That could be good and bad...

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
The mod tool is cool and all, not enough of those nowadays, but with it, you still only run and shoot, just in a custom map. In Crysis, you can choose to turn invisible, have super strength, speed or maximum defense to best suit your combat situation. In BF you have destruction, vehicle combat, in TF you have class variety, and in Tribes you got a ton of cool gears in your arsenal. In cod, it's just cover, shoot, kill and repeat. Rekoil looks to be the same way. I hope the mods tool are good enough for modders to create something great out of, like they did with DayZ.

P.S.: I think the formula for the best shooter ever is in each of these games. Class variety and teamwork from TF/BF, wanton destruction and vehicles from BF, a good arsenal of gears to tip the odds in your favour or counter your opponent's gears, a good selection of weapons (always the hardest part, it doesn't have to be big, but there shouldn't be one overpowered weapon) and individual abilities/mechanics like Crysis/BF.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Don't forget about the weapon customization of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier!
Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-7.jpg

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Crysis is cool..but my point is more for something everyone here can run,is cheap,and could involve ppl with making maps,like the aspects of cod and minecraft ..neat to see what ppl create..also i believe even the game modes are customizable ..dunno..

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Crysis is cool..but my point is more for something everyone here can run,is cheap,and could involve ppl with making maps,like the aspects of cod and minecraft ..neat to see what ppl create..also i believe even the game modes are customizable ..dunno..
I would like to see a minecraft map.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
I just watched a few videos on steam, seems quite interesting. Especially making own maps is something I like. As far is I understood, you can also take every weapon you want from the beginning. Could be fun!

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Full mod tools = the key to success.

nice trailer waiting for half-life 3 myself
Haha, that's cute...[DOUBLEPOST=1396887598,1391102068][/DOUBLEPOST]Rekoil is actually quite fun. Unfortunately there's nobody playing. I came across 5 other players while playing for an hour.
We could get together and play it together though if somebody has it ^^
There's a free key for it right Here

Top Bottom