Ignore Threads and/or Nodes forum feature

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hey folks,

Ever got annoyed of a certain thread and/or forum section? Here's your chance to ignore those (almost completely - I'll explain this towards the end).

We'll use the Last Comment thread(s) and the Spam N' Stuff forum section.
Within the Last Comment thread (or any thread), hover over 'Thread Tools' and click on Ignore Thread. *see below
IgnoreThreads_zpsc08ee4b3.png

You'll then get a popup confirmation to ignore the thread
IgnoreThreadConfirmation_zpsd38747ef.png

To unignore the thread:
Anywhere in our forum, hover over your name in the Navigation Bar and click on Ignored Threads.
IgnoreThreadsNodes_zps47a256cf.png

Go in the thread you'd like to unignore and hover over the thread tools. Click on Unignore Thread
UnignoreThread_zps2d100cf8.png

Click on the confirmation to Stop Ignoring the thread.

Ignoring/Unignoring Nodes (aka Forum Sections)
Hover over your name and click on Ignore Nodes
IgnoreThreadsNodes_zps47a256cf.png

Select which nodes/forums you'd like to hide and be sure to click on save!
IgnoreNodes_zps90cb4f90.png

FYI
Hiding threads will almost completely hide them from your view but they will still show up on the Forum Statistics - Latest Posts. That is a plugin that isn't part of the Xenforo software.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Man I really like this option, a lot of BS here that I could care less about but shows up in the new posts all the time, thanks Wally!! :D

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Oh just read that last part and my heart sank :(

Yeah. TBH, I'm not sure what the point is if it still shows up in recent posts. Are there other places that notify? Or would it just be useful for filtering out notifications?

I'm probably missing something obvious.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yeah. TBH, I'm not sure what the point is if it still shows up in recent posts. Are there other places that notify? Or would it just be useful for filtering out notifications?

I'm probably missing something obvious.
Some people prefer this page: http://krewgaming.com/index.php?find-new/4931/posts
It comes in quite handy when there are more than the 15 threads that have been posted on after your last visit.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Ohh, ok. Makes sense then. I figured there was something i was missing since i only use the recent posts.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Except when there are more than 15 threads with new posts, can't someone just click the drop-down box to show more (on PC/tablet at least, phones don't show it)?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Except when there are more than 15 threads with new posts, can't someone just click the drop-down box to show more (on PC/tablet at least, phones don't show it)?
Yes, but it goes back to 15 whenever you go back.

Top Bottom