HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE YET STYLSH HOUSE WITH TAKE

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Hello Steve,

In this tutorial I will show you how to make a nice little house with normal blocks.

LET'S BUILD!

Let's choose some blocks first:

COBBLE, OAK PLANKS, OAK WOOD.

Let's make a base shape, this is real important, do you want 2 or 1 middle block? I always pick 1 middle block. (the middle block is the gap)

Fill that shit, this will be your floor.

Create a "skeleton" (that's how the pros call it) For a normal house, I usually make it 4 high. Wooden logs are the best for this IMO.

Connect the poles

Once you've connected all the poles, make the base for the next floor, I used chiseled stone brick. On the inside, this wil be the 2nd floor.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member

Let's build a skeleton on top of that for the 2nd floor.

Now add the roof, this is a normal triangle roof, but that can be better, right? Try playing with it a little, look up some roofs on the interweb.

Much better, just a small edit.

Complete the roof, it starts looking like something now!

Now we're going to dress the skeleton with some flesh! USE ANOTHER TYPE OF BLOCK OF COURSE!!!! I used birch wooden planks

Some more flesh, so that he windows will not be too big! I used oak wood, another layer of birch would've been boring.[DOUBLEPOST=1389353626][/DOUBLEPOST]
Add a door and a nice block to fill the space above it.

Add windows and now you have a house! BUT, we're far from done, this is ugly and flat. (ALWAYS USE GLASS PLANES, NOT GLASS BLOCKS, YOU HAVE GLASS PLANES IN YOUR HOUSE (IRL) TOO, NOT BLOCKS!

DETAIL TIME, Detail makes the house look good and not boring, here some simple detail stuff.

Add stairs (stairs are you bitch, use that shit ALOT!), fences and PISTON BLOCKS (Pistons blocks are awesome for details!!) like this

Make details around the windows, use stairs, fences and fence gates to make it look cool. (notice how I used 2 different types of stairs, oak and birch)

This is why I didn't make sharp corners, DETAIL!! Stone wall always looks good on a corner.

The facade? ( i looked it up on translate, It's the triangle of the roof.)
See how I used Pistons, fences, fence gate and chiseled stones again? Do this on the backside too![DOUBLEPOST=1389354478][/DOUBLEPOST]
We're almost there, you won't be ashamed to live here right? But it's still a little.. meeh.

Boom!Ladders are not only used for getting up/down look how nice it looks!!

What's a house without an chimney? I used cobble as "chim" and stone wall and funnel as "ney" Cobwebs look good for smoke!
Now, you have a simple house. Good job Steve!

Next week, we're going to make a Super mega build!

Prepare..

Last edited:

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
No I did not build the green building, that's just the biggest build I know.

Gage building that house was llike 10 min.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Point of clarity Mr Chairman - are those timber beams Green Oak? And are they joined with mortice and tenon joints or 1/2 and 1/2 joints, drilled and dowelled?

Good job man, wouldnt have a clue where to start!

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
COD4 graphics aren't too bad though. Maybe you just have to run them really low to get good performance. :p

Top Bottom