Optifine/Rei's Minimap (tutorial)

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Things you need:
1. An archiver (7-zip, winrar, etc.) in order to open jar files
2. Optifine and/or Rei's Minimap corresponding to your MC version. MC will crash otherwise.

Optifine(without Forge):
1. From the Minecraft launcher, create a new profile and give it a name, e.g. "1.7.2 mods" (no quotes).
2. Go to your Minecraft folder and open the "versions" folder; open the folder of the profile that you just created.
3. Extract the contents of the optifine jar into a new folder.
4. Open the folder. You should see a lot of files and a few folders. Copy everything.
5. Back in the profile folder in .minecraft/version/<profile name>, open the jar file and paste everything inside.
6. Delete the META-INF folder. This is very important! If you do not delete it, the game will not load.
7. Save an close the jar file.

Rei's Minimap(without Forge):
It's the same for optifine, except it comes in a zip file instead of a jar file.

Optifine/Rei's Minimap(with Forge):
As of yet, they are not compatible with the latest version of Forge. When they are, just drag and drop the mod archives into the .minecraft/mods folder without extracting them.

Now that you know how to install the mods, you can take shortcuts. :K
(It's like riding a bike, once you learn, you never forget. Maybe trying at least once would be good :p)
Extract this folder into your versions folder. Make sure the resulted folder structure is .minecraft\version\1.7.2 mod\ containing just a jar file and a json file.
https:\/dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17772501/1.7.2 mod.zip

Restart the launcher if it is open and the new profile should be there.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Considering minecraft is growing on the krew, I was just suggesting a tutorials section in minecraft. Minecraft also has a lot of things to figure out how to do.

Especially if Take is going to continue making tutorials.

Sorry for the suggestion without thinking about the how-to section.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
i'm still scared to do it
twss
It's totally worth it.... also wss? o_O

But for real now, it makes the gameplay quite epic. I'll see about adding other players and hostile mobs to the radar as soon as we move to bukkit.

Top Bottom