The iPhone

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
Today marks the 7th birthday of the iPhone. I wanted to make this thread because well it changed everything. The big revealing day (January 9, 2007) it was a day that Steve Jobs was looking forward for two years and during those two years people got together, threw ideas at a table, and tried their hardest to pull them together. I know it took hard work, many all-nighters and restarts, but they pulled it off and made the today's "smartphone" as we know it. I know there are many people who dislike iPhones and the operating system that they run on, and how restricted everything is, but if you deeply think about it - it opened a door of opportunities for the manufacturer that made your smartphone, it set standards that no one though of. Even the creator of Google's android said that they had to start everything over once seeing iOS, and even though Steve Jobs has passed away, i'd like to thank him for not only changing the industry but changing the world. For the better.

P.S- the leaked iPhone 6 parts are starting to surface, which is making me regret getting an iPhone 5S but that's okay I'll have the 6S and I hope that it will be a success
(See what I did there?)

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
It's not only the iPhone it's the whole company that's awesome. Pricey, yes, worth every dime. IMO the iPhone 4 is the best phone ever made.[DOUBLEPOST=1389347365][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus, y'all adroid fools saying: Look how much you can do with the android! like all kinds of computer stuff! That's great but I'm not a computer guy and half of the people saying that are not too and use it like I use my iPhone.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Plus, y'all adroid fools saying: Look how much you can do with the android! like all kinds of computer stuff! That's great but I'm not a computer guy and half of the people saying that are not too and use it like I use my iPhone.
Except, I am a computer guy, so those features matter a lot to me. A dumbed-down interface doesn't cut it for me. I guess it's just whatever floats your boat. :p

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Yes, you are a computer guy, you could be one of the guys who takes the maximum out of their phone, but there's guys like you, and wannabee guys like you.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
cough* smartphones were around way before iOS and iPhones :p. PDA smartphone Nokia 9000 was released in 1996. The Android OS was created in 2003, 4 years before iOS came out.

They were around years before it. Take the Nokia 9000 for example, it was a PDA/phone brought to market in 1996.
Palm OS, Blackberry OS are examples of operating systems for smartphones that were out before iOS.

It just so happens that iPhones were the "new thing" and Apple marketed them very well. They were fashionable.

The only positive thing I have to say about the iPhone is that the quality of their touch screen is FAR better than any smart phone I've ever had.

I'm with @Kreubs .. the fact the iPhone doesn't let you use Java Apps means it's not fully functional like Android :p.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
1499429_619969634719488_1659517794_n.jpg

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
cough* smartphones were around way before iOS and iPhones :p. PDA smartphone Nokia 9000 was released in 1996. The Android OS was created in 2003, 4 years before iOS came out.

They were around years before it. Take the Nokia 9000 for example, it was a PDA/phone brought to market in 1996.
Palm OS, Blackberry OS are examples of operating systems for smartphones that were out before iOS.

It just so happens that iPhones were the "new thing" and Apple marketed them very well. They were fashionable.

The only positive thing I have to say about the iPhone is that the quality of their touch screen is FAR better than any smart phone I've ever had.

I'm with @Kreubs .. the fact the iPhone doesn't let you use Java Apps means it's not fully functional like Android :p.
Well I knew there were smartphones before so that's why I said "Today's smartphone as we know it ;)"

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Well I knew there were smartphones before so that's why I said "Today's smartphone as we know it ;)"
iOS is still pretty much the only major smartphone OS that does not run java. Well, Windows Phone doesn't (but it's not major in numbers XD), it uses C#, which is very, very similar to java.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Apple's ecosystem = win. Least it works great for my uses.

The thing I despised about Android was I had to look elsewhere to have an all-in-one backup, media player/manager. That and the fact that the phone had numerous crashes, bugs to make the wife angry was the nail in the coffin. Mind you, the OS was in stock form.

Apple is quite pricey and that's the only thing I can complain about.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Get the NEW iPhone 5 S!!!! It is £200 more expensive than the 5 and it comes with.. wait for it.. the letter S after it!
This brilliant new phone is exactly the same as the old one, except it has a fingerprint reader.

Well, what else did you think you were paying £200 for.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
For those who don't live in America, Iphone 5 and 5s cost the same when you renew a contract. That's the way it works most often. Also @Storky take that dislike away or I'll keel you.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
At least for my provider, the Iphone 5c replaced the IPhone 4S as the $99 option and the 5s replaced the 5 as the $200 option with plan upgrade. I'm pretty sure that's how all the American providers do it, but I may be wrong.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I only went by what was advertised here in the UK from a general phone shop such as O2.
It was something like (to start a new contract) £42 p/m for 5S and £32 p/m for 5. Over 24 months that's about £240 saved if you go with the 5!

Convert that to dollars and you get around $400 difference.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
At least for my provider, the Iphone 5c replaced the IPhone 4S as the $99 option and the 5s replaced the 5 as the $200 option with plan upgrade. I'm pretty sure that's how all the American providers do it, but I may be wrong.
My broski was able to get the 5s for $127 at Walmart using his upgrade. Score!

edit: @advnt @The Moment #TeamiPhone :fy:

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
I used android and hated it. Unless you are like kreubs, iOS is definitely the better choice for you. Their touch screen was total shite as well.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The touch screen is wholly dependent on the manufacturer. Android is just the operating system.
I am still rocking my Galaxy S XD

Top Bottom