Please Vote your Opinion on the new Shout...

Do you like the new Shout Box?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Well the usual Members now have seen that we have a new Shout Box and I would like to get your opinion on it. There's things I like and dislike about it, and I think so far I am disliking it more than liking.

Anyways there is a Poll at the top of the message and I would like you to vote so we can get everyone's opinion on this new shout, the Poll with last 2 days and we will see at the end who likes what and what not :)

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
I like that you can have private conversations and whispers unlike the old one. This can be very handy sometimes.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
So far it's cool. I like the monkey!

I don't like the grey/white background, big deal!

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
1- It's ugly and small
2- Seems like we lost too much function wise
3- Names are no longer in colors for the member classes

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
except for the /roll command...i prefer the old one.

This isn't the 1st time that's happened huh Matt? :p

IMO, it's ghey. :p

I'm stepping on someones toes tough. Please let AVC know of any changes you'd like to see on the forum. If he can't do it, I'm sure he'll let me know. I should of came to my senses yesterday and should of redirected Blu's PM :p ooopppss lol

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah, that's right Wally I forgot about that, and also I thought we were going to have the shout on just the home page? It was last night and this morning you told me you changed it, but didn't say why, lol :p

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
cuz we don't have the IMG and link embed stuff so the forum shouldn't look weird anymore lol

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
im fond of the monkey but nothing else. i vote switch back because although this one has more features, it gets annoying listening to the "ding" whenever someone sends a message and im on youtube or sumthing. i also like like the old "/me" command better because the name blended with the message.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yea so far I'm liking the old shout better than this new one.

For one the background colors were better (they matched the forum) and now it's logging me out after so much of inactivity. I have to log back in and the forever thing on the home page doesn't make a difference apparently, lol.

H

hellcat

i prefered the old box
but then what does my opinion matter!

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
This isn't the 1st time that's happened huh Matt? :p

IMO, it's ghey. :p

Yeah i know this feature is pretty useless...maybe except for RPG player who plays their side game on forum...but like its addictive (and a lil bit annoying due to the sound that make) i was hoping that half of ppl on forum became addicted and other half get pissed by addicted ppl who constantly roll dices and vote "get back to old one" :p

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
name dhaning.
i've been on for 1 minute, and im already pissed of D.Wolf namechaning

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yeah i know this feature is pretty useless...maybe except for RPG player who plays their side game on forum...but like its addictive (and a lil bit annoying due to the sound that make) i was hoping that half of ppl on forum became addicted and other half get pissed by addicted ppl who constantly roll dices and vote "get back to old one" :p

No, I like the /roll feature. I meant ghey as in the shoutbox is ghey lol

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Well alright guys, I know the voting is not over yet but the favor is 12 votes for the old one and only 6 for the new one. I would like to get ball rolling on the old shout back, this shout logs me out all the time and I'm tired of it, lol.

So, Either Wally or now AVC, can one of you guys get the old shoutbox back in when you get a chance, the sooner the better (as for me anyways) :D

PwnSauce

Banned
Here's why the old shout was bad:
1. It's limited to no features.

Here's why the new is better.
1. You can see who is logged on and/or lurking in the channel watching chatters.
2. You have a bigger window to chat in. The old chat was way to small a window to be useful.
3. Forum html code helpers for the code learning impaired.
4. you can change your nick with the /nick command. awesome
5. The big, full chat window looks like a whole other application window.
6. Lots of user configurable features like disabling ghey emoticons or using other languages.
7. Lots of other features like changing the chat window to black or whatever "style' you want.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
Some people are uncomfortable with change but this is definitely better.

Greg

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Well the poll is now closed and the over whelming majority wants the old shout back, lets get it done guys :D

Top Bottom