iPhone, iPod touch and iPad 3.1.3 firmware jailbreak help

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
How do I upgrade to iOS4.1? Like I connect it to my computer and it says something about something not being saved or something. Lol

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
so theres not a jailbreaking method for OS 4? cause i have version 3.1.3 and I was going to upgrade then jailbreak but I wound up jailbreaking with your method and it seems to work fine thanks! But i just restore my phone to 'unjailbreak' it?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
yea, just restore on itunes and it should go back to normal
im trying to get the next spirit jailbreak for OS4 but its taking a long time

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
How do I upgrade to iOS4.1? Like I connect it to my computer and it says something about something not being saved or something. Lol
for OS4 just connect to iTunes and upgrade your firmware. you probably want to restore it first tho

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
for OS4 just connect to iTunes and upgrade your firmware. you probably want to restore it first tho

no, a restore is not needed.

First, you'll need the newest iTunes, so update your iTunes.
Secondly, backup, backup, backup. I can't stress that enough! and NO a regular sync isn't considered a backup. Right-click on the iPhone name on iTunes and do a backup!!

Before we move on the next step, MasterClip, what iPhone do you have? What modem firmware do you have(this can be found a few lines below the Version you're on).

PS. Nick, you're on 3G, use this guide to jailbreak your 4.0.1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=qjjxOchrIm8&annotation_id=annotation_889555 it should help anyone else really.

I'm not gonna update to 4.0.1 just yet since it's really no biggie for me.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
lol, wally i meant back up

oh and btw, thx for that jailbreak... its amazing how that didnt need to plug into the comp or anything... right on safari!

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
iPhone 3G w/t AT&T OSi 3.1.3 (not gonna upgrade to OSi 4.0 just yet) modem filmware: 5.12.01 (is that everything)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
lol, wally i meant back up

oh and btw, thx for that jailbreak... its amazing how that didnt need to plug into the comp or anything... right on safari!

So I'm assuming the jailbreak worked?

And yeah, there was another PC-less jailbreak a few months ago that I used but I don't recall the name of it. Anywho, let me know if that one worked for you.
iPhone 3G w/t AT&T OSi 3.1.3 (not gonna upgrade to OSi 4.0 just yet) modem filmware: 5.12.01 (is that everything)

go to the following URL from your iPhone: http://www.jailbreakme.com

You'll know if it worked if you have a brown Cydia icon somewhere on your iPhone's desktop.

Top Bottom