iPhone, iPod touch and iPad 3.1.3 firmware jailbreak help

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Ok guys, normally i charge money for this but for you its free.

I have heard from numerous people that this is the most stable jailbreak and it is perfect for people who have no idea what they are doing.

1) Update your iDevice and iTunes to the latest software.
2) Go to http://spiritjb.com/ and download the file for whatever OS you have.
3) Plug your device into the USB port in your computer.
4) Open the file-Spirit.exe
5) Click jailbreak and you are ready to go!
6) Restart your device and open cydia.
7) search through and pick whatever you want to add.

It says iTunes is restoring but you will NOT lose any data on your device. I, myself, have done this on three different devices and they all work perfectly.

**For more information and a video tutorial go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWuexKV7KpU&playnext_from=TL&videos=1we5bOQ-7AQ
Thank You for your interest and have fun on your newly jailbroken iDevice!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
this way isn't always the best. It is if you're on modem firmware 5.12.xx

But if you're anything below that firmware, it is best to use other means. The reason why you want to avoid updating if you're pre 5.12 is so you can still have an unlock available to you at your disposal. Hey, you just never know when you may upgrade your iPhone and when that time comes, you will probably want a bigger buyers market. If you unlock your phone, you'll have hundreds more people from other carriers that will be interested in buying your iPhone. I've already sold 3 iPhones and all of them went to T-Mobile users. Though, if you don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, then just update since an unlock doesn't matter to the folks stuck on At&t.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
this way isn't always the best. It is if you're on modem firmware 5.12.xx

But if you're anything below that firmware, it is best to use other means. The reason why you want to avoid updating if you're pre 5.12 is so you can still have an unlock available to you at your disposal. Hey, you just never know when you may upgrade your iPhone and when that time comes, you will probably want a bigger buyers market. If you unlock your phone, you'll have hundreds more people from other carriers that will be interested in buying your iPhone. I've already sold 3 iPhones and all of them went to T-Mobile users. Though, if you don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, then just update since an unlock doesn't matter to the folks stuck on At&t.
when i upgrade im prolly gonna unlock and sell. my friend wants it for the price i got it! hehe free new one basically

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Exactly. I upgraded my 2g to the 3gs and after unlocking and selling my 2g, I just had to spend about 50 bucks for the upgrade. Not bad. ;D

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
I have a friend that jailbroke his iPod and he said when he went to unjailbreak it and update the iPod, it erased all of his apps. The ones he got from jailbreak and the ones he had before it.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have a friend that jailbroke his iPod and he said when he went to unjailbreak it and update the iPod, it erased all of his apps. The ones he got from jailbreak and the ones he had before it.
you are supposed to back up your device before you try anything like that. unjailbreak=wipe memory clean. besides, all the apps, if you bought them, are free if you go back and try to buy them again. tell your friend if he bought the app, to go back on iTunes and he will be able to get them all back for no charge

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
Alrighty so then I click that and it'll back it up so when/if I take off Jailbreak I just sync it back up and then I get the exact same app's that I had before?

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Alrighty so then I click that and it'll back it up so when/if I take off Jailbreak I just sync it back up and then I get the exact same app's that I had before?
exactly, i have tested this multiple times, i also would like to point out that they will be in same spots you had them as well

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
go to search and type in whatever you like. they have almost everything. you can also use your own pictures

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
my old ipod nano 1st gen doesn't show up on devices on itunes. anyone help?
i restartd it.
it doen'st show up in "My Computer" either

Top Bottom