Jailbreak iOS 7

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
this wont screw up my phone or anything right?
I only jailbroke my old iphone once but I had a buddy do it for me

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Nope. evasi0n has made it super easy. If your phone is locked, the evasi0n app asks you to unlock your phone from time to time. Just follow the instructions, and you'll be golden.

Jailbroke mine a few minutes ago. Easy peasy.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
DO NOT JAILBREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, do not jailbreak just yet.

I'm looking for a good english explanation of why not to jailbreak, evasion team fk'ed up. Link coming asap:

http://www.imore.com/why-you-should-wait-jailbreak-ios-7
http://9to5mac.com/2013/12/22/ios-7...app-store-if-your-device-language-is-chinese/
h6B9A9E8D

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
I jail broke and installed cydia.
Of course ha ha
But I did it before the whole TaiG thing and how the Chinese are collecting your data if you jailbreak.
On I downloadblog.com they proved that data is being sent to China. So I'm really disappointed with evad3rs this time not only because of that but because there was a miscommunication between them and Saurik so pretty much all cydia tweaks were useless due to the fact that they were all unadapted.
So I restored my phone and going to wait until things clear up.
In the apology letter sent by evad3rs it stated that tweaks will he updated within the following days and their going to look into that whole piracy thing.
I have been waiting for this since iOS 6.0.3 -.- shame on me for updating from 6.0.2 to .3 :/ anyway to get the latest jailbreak news idownloadblog.com is the best site out there.
(Not advertising :D)

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
I'm still not sure if I'll do it, I've always been jailbreaking my iPod Touches but not sure about this one, considering how Cydia and other stuff may not work.

Imma wait til everything is all good to go :p

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
What exactly is jailbreaking a iPhone? I've heard it lots of times here but not sure what it does, I could search for it but... I'll ask here (easier) ;)

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
allows you to have non apple apps and tweak your phone in ways that are locked in the stock apple mode

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Why do you jailbreak anyway?

Buy a phone for $700, then jailbreak because you refuse to pay 0.99$ for an app.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Just because someone jailbreaks they have to pirate apps? That was the case in the beginning, but jailbreaking is more than that. There's tweaks and getting things (apps, themes and other goodies) that aren't available in the App Store or offered standard by Apple. Cydia has its own App Store :) And best of all, if it weren't for this community, where would Apple get some of its ideas from? :K

Edit:
Jailbroke my iPad gen 3. More of the Cydia apps work on it than my 5s of course.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Mobilesubstrate has been updated for iOS 7. Works perfectly on my 5s. The devs will have to update their tweaks to make them work on the A7 devices.

One tweak I recommend: CCSettings. It adds more toggles to your Control Center.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I can also confirm that the mobile substrate works fine. iPhone 4S.

Jailbreak as a whole works perfectly. Nice and smooth. Highly recommend it.

Top Bottom