MC difficulty settings

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
So, a few people have been thinking about the mob griefing and keep inventory rules in survival. Does anyone think it takes the thrill/challenge out of the game? With keep inventory turned on, dying is a free teleport back home, but there isn't much to be afraid of. With mob griefing off, it's nice to have your stuff intact, but mobs are no longer a formidable force to be reckoned with.

What do you MC players think? Keep them both on, both off, or a combination of the two? If so, what combo?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
When i was playing everyday i absolutely hated losing your inventory due to dying. I could be mining for hours and have a shitload of stuff , then die out of the blue for some dumbass reason.

I'm not exactly sure what mob griefing is.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Mob griefing is creepers doing damage and endermen stealing blocks.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Lol. Those creepers annoyed the :poop: out of me, but it was so funny watching them blow stuff up. I'd vote to leave that in.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I vote keep everything except for endermen stealing blocks. That's annoying.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I think any vote should really come from the people who actually play the server. Take, Sarg, Amish.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Mob griefing off...of course it remove a part of the challenge BUT...like the closest jungle edge, not even full jungle, is about 7k bloc away from spawn area and there's no way to get a cat back to home without spending 4h travelling, 2h fishing and 2 other hours to tame the ocelot correctly without failing it due to night, quick move, fall, monster or else...its the only solution to not have your house ruined by a creeper spawning behind you. i would be VERY annoyed to have my house ruined by a stupid creeper. Some are still spawning (also inside the house) and i have light EVERYWHERE. As i saw on most of other houses...people here are not real fans of torches and lightstone...so if you want to keep your house i highly suggetst to keep it.
I'd vote Mob griefing ON as i know how to play with it if the map would allow us to defend ourselves properly without travelling 10k blocs to find some of the ressources. As for now keep it OFF.

Inventory lost off...why? of course its a good way to teleport stuff to your home...since we dont have /home and / back back...think we should keep it. Turn it On now and in a few, when u'll have to find rare ressources you'll cry to get it OFF again cause no one wants to travel for 2h to get back home or die trying and lose all the stuff he collected.^^
its also a REAL butthurt when u loose a pickaxe with efficiency 3 solidity 3 fortune 2, repaired two time cause its a good tool and level loss worth it (about 35lvl to get it repaired each time...so a total of 100 level invested in it) 4k far from your home cause your stupid horse get stuck in a water hole, got you almost suffocated in dirt, and got you killed by 4 zombies and a skelly...so still want to keep inventory loss ON?...
Of course if you only keep mining under your house a lvl 5...your only fear is lava pocket wich is solved by carrying a water bucket. so as for now Keep it OFF

I can play with mob griefing and inventory loss ON, i've played in solo, without commands, and i can generally stand for 60 or 70 lvl without dying with no problem, even with staying awake at night but...Due do the number of time i see other people die on the server, i doubt its only to get stuff back to their bed ^^

Top Bottom