Little song from TheWorldFair

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
what are you playing in that? and sounds good especially since its a basement practice

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. I hope you plan on sharing more. Thanks for posting. :)

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Wow, this is a very good recording! We recorded our band practice with a Zoom H4 too, but it is not a quarter as good as this!
And you seem to be a really good guitar player :)

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Dude! Excellent man! Y'all come over to the uk and do a party for me next summer?? Really enjoyed that mate!:D

@Jana - could you get a BIgger sig girl??!!;)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
If we get together travel money I guess we could go to the UK as a vacation and play a couple of shows on the side. The bassist plays upright, though. He'd need to get an extra seat (or two) for his bass.

@Jana - We hooked up two pencil condensers to the combi inputs on the H4n. Mandolin and Fiddle were mic'ed from those. Those two players also do lead vocals.

I did an 80hz highpass on the rhythm section via the H4n (which I am regretting now), but that seemed to help with overall levels from the built-in mic. My basement is very small and there are no diffusers so upright bass gets boomy. Lots of standing waves.

Aside from that, I did mix volume and pan values in protools on the 2 condenser tracks. When you record in 4 channel mode, the H4n produces 2 stereo tracks. If you're using two external mics you can split the Line-in track to 2 mono tracks and treat them like individually mic'ed players (which they were).

P.S. Thanks for the compliments! :)

Top Bottom