CONFIRMED: Call of Duty: Ghosts Specs!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Call of Duty has always been a non-demanding game in terms of needing amazing hardware. Now, while it still doesn't need the latest and greatest, it's minimum specs went up A LOT!

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom x3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better.
  • Memory: 6GB RAM.
  • Hard Disk Space: 40GB.
  • Video: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better.
  • Sound: DirectX compatible sound card.
  • DirectX: DirectX 11.
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I must say, while they are a bit high, I am glad to see that it looks like the devs are FINALLY making use of modern technology.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I only have 4gb of ram as well. Although i have the room on the HDD, I wouldn't be wasting the space or fussing with a huge download/ long install just for another COD game.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
My problem is that my card is the lowest spec one there. Guess it's time to upgrade

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
lol haters.. dunno, i have a ball with bo2.. don't see why ppl hate on it,it's much smoother and hit detection is better than cod4 with 140 ping..the challenges are fun and it's pretty entertaining with all the other gametypes and zombies.. Ghosts looks to me to be just as fun and different enough to be enjoyable, unless it's complete shit then oh well..mw3 was crap compared to bo2,hopefully the "dedicated" servers run as well as bo2..if it keeps me occupied as much as bo2 then it's well worth it...so ..i'm looking forward to it :)

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
sure...btw..My specs are well within range,but my hdd is getting full would it run if i installed on an external 2tb drive? :thinking: ooooh that could make me ghost portable

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'm not sure lol. Never tried that. I have about 350GB on mine atm. And even more on my Laptop

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member
lol haters.. dunno, i have a ball with bo2.. don't see why ppl hate on it,it's much smoother and hit detection is better than cod4 with 140 ping..the challenges are fun and it's pretty entertaining with all the other gametypes and zombies.. Ghosts looks to me to be just as fun and different enough to be enjoyable, unless it's complete shit then oh well..mw3 was crap compared to bo2,hopefully the "dedicated" servers run as well as bo2..if it keeps me occupied as much as bo2 then it's well worth it...so ..i'm looking forward to it :)

Don't get me wrong it looks amazing compared to most COD's.. I'm just saying COD's are known for having short stories (which is what I buy most games for) and there's no way i'm gonna play it if I have to DL 40 GB for a 3 hour SP.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
gotcha..i enjoyed cod4's story and blackops 1 but after that (mw3 etc) i never really played the SP anymore for cod games... it seems on some forums that ppl do have it installed on external's with minimal problems..

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
would it run if i installed on an external 2tb drive? :thinking:

Shouldn't be any different than any other game. I currently have all my games (even steam games) on the 2nd drive. So you should be OK.

Top Bottom