So I tried Escargot!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I was feeling a little adventurous last night. Well, ever since the wife and I have been watching MasterChef (epic show), we've been wanting to try some food outside of the traditional hispanic dishes.

I jumped on Yelp and found this French restaurant. About a 30-40 minute drive (with traffic) from the house.

We were planning on getting take out but since they didn't offer the creme brulee to-go, we chose to dine-in. Excellent choice, by the way! We didn't have a full course meal since we had eaten a few hours prior.

For my appetizer, I ordered escargot. Boy was it yummy!
Not my picture but it was similarly served:
Escargot-748002.JPG

Forgot what the wife ordered, but it had shrimp and scallops. I tried a bite and it was good. She didn't want to try my appetizer though lol

For dessert, we both ordered creme brulee:
l.jpg

The only downside, they served the dish cold and we're used to it being served hot. Other than that, the creme brulee was epic!

Price wise, the entrees are darn expensive. $20-$25/dish :eek: But we can't really complain since there aren't many French restaurants around.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
If I kept telling myself that it was green chili sauce or guacamole, maybe I could bring myself to eat snails XD

But what was the green sauce?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Ah, forgot to mention that! The sauce is garlic and butter. Their bread + garlic, butter sauce = magically delicious!

Expect to have garlic breath for a few hours though :K

PS. the snail tastes like chicken.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
That sauce sounds amazing! Chicken o_O lol

It was yummy :drool:

I was a bit hesitant to try it because I figured it would be slimey or whatever, but nope. They're fried and sauteed in that sauce. The dish is brought to you a little short of boiling. And when you dip the bread into the sauce, man :drool:. Absolutely delicious.

Next time we go I'll try the rack of lamb.

edit:
If you ever have the chance to try it, go for it! I have no regrets from it. :)

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
PS. the snail tastes like chicken.

Can I just eat chicken then and claim I've had snails? XD

Glad you guys had a delicious meal! I really like MC. Did you just start watching MasterChef this past season or did you happen to see last season with the blind chef, Christine?

Also- lamb = yum.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Can I just eat chicken then and claim I've had snails? XD

Glad you guys had a delicious meal! I really like MC. Did you just start watching MasterChef this past season or did you happen to see last season with the blind chef, Christine?

Also- lamb = yum.

Oh you! :p

Started watching from season 4. Wife asked me to get Season 1-3 because they're not on Hulu for some reason.. I'm not really looking forward to anymore seasons, well maybe just a tad, and it's mostly because I find them to be kinda long. I only started watching it cuz the wife would be watching it on the PC and I'd occasionally have my ear open. Guess we'll see whenever I get the other seasons.

I'm not much of a TV guy anymore XD

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Garlic butter...if you can eat that with snails next time try the frog legs with that ;)

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I tried frog legs before and I thought they were tasty IF you can get past their appearance XD

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
:thinking: this might turn into the weird foods ppl have eaten XD.

Nvr had escargot but I'll try it next time we go to a french restaurant!

I have eaten cat before. Didn't know it was cat until i was done tho lol.

Top Bottom