Resetting XLRstats / Possibly getting rid of it altogether

What should we do with XLRstats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Been pondering resetting/getting rid of XLRstats.

Lets do a 7 day poll.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Get rid of it.

Unless the glitch with the client numbers has been fixed. If it has been, reset.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
To boil it down, if a mod typed !alias 11, someone can type !xlrstats 11 and see who the mod is aliasing.

It was talked about in staff shout earlier.

Last edited:

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
i say leave it, the top 10 stats we had on our frontpage where a good way to see who plays on which server.

not a biggie if it was gone tho

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
i say leave it, the top 10 stats we had on our frontpage where a good way to see who plays on which server.

not a biggie if it was gone tho

That's not xlrstats. That's gametracker stats. That stays for as long as we have the banner on the homepage.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
im not sure if Mom is talking about the same glitch but players are able to know who the admin is specing when an admin does !list. If it says Gage [11], and the admin types !alias 11, players could do !xlrstats 11 and it shows them the name and they know who the admins are specing.

I say get rid of it.

oh, Mom already explained.

Last edited:

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
im not sure if Mom is talking about the same glitch but players are able to know who the admin is specing when an admin does !list. If it says Gage [11], and the admin types !alias 11, players could do !xlrstats 11 and it shows them the name and they know who the admins are specing.

I say get rid of it.

I am talking about the same thing. It's a glitch because xlrstats should not be able to access private moderates info like that. Maybe it does and I'm just mistaken. If so get rid of them.

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Nothing to do with the thread but I misclicked and disliked Wallys post... pls fix it and delete this comment.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Get rid of it just to see CashCow's reaction :troll2:

But, on a more serious note, I wonder if I could find the argument validation for xlr stats and disallow numbers. :thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

Can non-mods use the ID trick in xlrstats?

edit: I guess so, after some digging, we aren't the only ones with this problem.

Last edited:

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
Voted to get rid of it.

Though, I do wonder- how much do y'all think this will impact some of our players who consistently use xlrstats as a way to track their progress? Will we lose them as regulars? :unsure:

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Not a glitch as it just reads client numbers straight off the server. On PB servers you can look at it without even using b3. Though I'm not sure if you can on non on servers without rcon access. But b3 has that for obvious reasons which includes tracking.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Not a glitch as it just reads client numbers straight off the server. On PB servers you can look at it without even using b3. Though I'm not sure if you can on non on servers without rcon access. But b3 has that for obvious reasons which includes tracking.

I forgot to edit my post in here after I found that the id rather than name option is hard coded. There should be a way, though, to disallow non-staff from using id's.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I think xlrstats do attrackt some of our regulars and actually MAKE them regualrs. Although, I don't relly mind if they stay or go.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Voted to get rid of it.

Though, I do wonder- how much do y'all think this will impact some of our players who consistently use xlrstats as a way to track their progress? Will we lose them as regulars? :unsure:

The ones I've seen that use XLRstats usually do it to feed their ego. Once it's gone, they'll have the opportunity to come here and make an appeal to get it back because thus far it's looking like we're gonna get rid of it.

Top Bottom