For anyone who cares

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Okay. College Football rant time.

You wanna know why I hate Alabama?

It's not because they have 15 National Championships.
It's not because they have a team that could win it again this year.
It's not because their coach is an SEC sellout.
It's not because they hound Auburn fans for being worse.
It's not because they claim to have the best traditions in football.

It's everything about them. It reeks. It's awful. Nothing in life do I hate more than an Alabama fan, especially one who didn't attend the University.

They're whiny.
They're prissy.
They're annoying.
They're ridiculous.
They're obnoxious.

Why do I bring this up? Why today?

This:
BT5V4X3CAAAfXQy.png

On one of the most solemn days of the American year, one that is remembered for the happenings of September 11th, 2001, one on which 2996 Americans were murdered, the University of Alabama Athletics official Facebook page posted that image. It was in honor of their famed coach Paul "Bear" Bryant. No doubt Bear Bryant was one of the greatest coaches in college football history (as an Auburn fan, I admit that).

On a day remembered for sheer untold destruction that changed America forever, the University decides not to remember those who died in the attacks, not those who served to rescue and rebuild, or those who died serving on the front line of the ensuing war. No, they decided to remember a coach. They remember a game as more important than their fellow Americans.

We can tell where their hearts lie.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well , in fairness, that is the athletics page. I don't go to sports pages to read about news. The University's FB page does indeed feature 9/11.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
The Vikings, Patriots, Bills, and Broncos to name a few, all posted something in remembrance of 9/11.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
And many others didn't, including the 49ers. Those teams only have ONE team site. Bama has multiple FB pages for different things.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
It's not that they just didn't post about 9/11, it's that they posted about a sport over the most dramatic and traumatizing event since the turn of the century.

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
It's just Facebook though. A post on Facebook means nothing, in my opinion.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
This ^

According to the page, the University put on a tribute @ noon. I'd say that's a lot more meaningful than a Facebook post, or lack of.

Top Bottom