Baseball

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Anyone here a fan of this sport? My favorite team would have to be the Red Sox. But I'm not one of those that started liking them after they won the world series. I was a die hard fan from the Curse of the Bambino era.

lilroodude

Private First Class
I'm an Indians fan. Love the Tribe, but we suck. The Dolans need to sell the team to someone who knows how to spend money.

Baseball is screwed up and needs to shut down for a year or 2 to get things fixed. There's no cap which allows big market teams to get everyone they touch with money. Selig needs to retire because obviously he's somewhat for steroids seeing as though he doesn't do squat to stop them. If the Cards aren't careful, McGwire will roid up the whole team.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
lol @ Mcgwire. I'm am a big giants fan. We have some great pitching, some of the best in the league but we can't hit for shit. I also agree there should be some kind of cap, as teams like the Yankees can buy there way into the series, where teams like the A's or brewers if they happen to have a really good season just end up losing all their best players to big market teams and never have a chance to build on their successes and continue to get better.

lilroodude

Private First Class
lol @ Mcgwire. I'm am a big giants fan. We have some great pitching, some of the best in the league but we can't hit for shit. I also agree there should be some kind of cap, as teams like the Yankees can buy there way into the series, where teams like the A's or brewers if they happen to have a really good season just end up losing all their best players to big market teams and never have a chance to build on their successes and continue to get better.
I like the Giants, but not when they had Barry Bonds.

Exactly, the teams that bring up players through the farm systems soon lose them if they are anything special.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Oh Barroid drove me nuts. And yeah it especially annoys me when teams will trade their promising rookies for 40 year olds that used to be good but whose limbs will be disassembling in another year.

OldNavy

Private First Class
Well ok guys let me throw aother rock solid bottom team in the mix here how about my Rangers ?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I root for any team that had Ken Griffey, Jr! Is he the only one not on 'roids these days?

Anywho, I'm glad he went back to Seattle. And it looks like he's retiring isn't he? Don't mark my words cuz I hardly watch baseball.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
I'm not sure, but he's been playing for the last 40 years. But yeah about the only guy not juicing up.

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
Hey, hey, hey! Don't talk shit 'bout McGwire. He only did 'roids because his doctor prescribed them because he got hurt. He stopped after the prescription was over.

Anywho, I like McGwire. But I'm Boston by far. When my middle brother plays baseball, he looks like Paplebon (spell check?).

Post Merge: [time]1264560554[/time]

Or Pedroia. Or Varitek

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Oh I thought he accidentally juiced up when his teammates put an upside down needle on his stool in the locker room.It's Papelbon by the way, and I like him too as well as Pedroia. (anyone with the name dustin) Veritek I've always like, though he's probably juicing too.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Dustyn cmon man, Roids for Mcgwire was like his wheaties every day! I like him too but facts are facts. I've also takes steroids prescribed by Dr's as there are many diff kinds out there. Well maybe it was an honest mistake and he did not realize that hey, taking these helped me hit 60 homers and made the bat feel like a toothpick. And cav,everyone knows JR has been playing since the early 50's. Geez do you even watch baseball?

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
lol it seems like it's been that long. But it's like what since '88 or '89 that he's been playing?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
89 was his rookie season with Seattle. If you have a gem mint 9 or 10 89upper deck Griffey go ahead and send it my way bud.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
lol. It's been awhile since I was in Safeco. I was able to go there in '04 when the Red Sox were there. It was fun seeing them clobber the Mariners.

Top Bottom