How to have a transparent avatar?

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Howdy everbody! Does anyone know how to have a transparent avatar? Im trying to upload a semi-transparent png file (this
IO2g1bT.png
), but it keeps showing in my avatar box with a white box around it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Howdy everbody! Does anyone know how to have a transparent avatar? Im trying to upload a semi-transparent png file (this
IO2g1bT.png
), but it keeps showing in my avatar box with a white box around it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Just put the color of the forum behind it instead.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Just put the color of the forum behind it instead.
That wouldnt work, because different users have different themes, so hte background wouldnt be transparent for everyone. Plus some of the backgrounds underneath teh avatars are looped images, not flat colors, so that wouldnt work anyway :(

Last edited:

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Well, just look at Wally and Link's avatars. Theirs are doing it, no prob.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
When you try to upload an avatar, there will be dimensions given. Mine is set at 200x200 IIRC. So if you stay within your allowed dimensions, your gif avatar will be animated. Keep in mind, the animated gifs won't be animated in visitor messages as the avatar dimensions there are tiny.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
so 200x200 is the max size of the file before it starts auto-minimizing it?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Holy smokes, I got sidetracked just trying to verify what your usergroups dimensions were XD

Recruits avatar limit is 150x150. It gets a little higher as you get promoted. So if you find a gif that doesn't pass the 150x150 dimensions, your avatar will be animated. Anything bigger than that, the forum will either resize it and remove the animation or will deny it completely.

kick-ass21-202x300.jpg

^^not a gif, but it's 202x300.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
hmm, i dont really want an animated one, i just want this transparent:
ZGZAr3r.png

but it always puts a white box around it, and minimizing it anymore always ruins the quality of the letters

Top Bottom