How to record and play demos (cod4)

Jben

Private First Class
Hi guys this is a quick tutorial on how to record demos and play them.

1) Go in your game go on any server you want, and type in /record Test (can be anyname, preferably something that has something to do with the gameplay) doing this command will start a demo

(you'll see recording: in the bottom right or left and corner of your screen)

2) Once done recording your gameplay do /stoprecord

(this will cease the recording of your gameplay)

3) Now if you recorded in a mod you will have to be in the same mod again to access your demo.

(that is unless you move your demo from that mods folder to your normal demos folder)

4) Now leave the server your on and type in /demo Test
(or whatever you named your demo)

5) Now cod4 will load your demo. If
you were planning on recording it for youtube, you'll also need a screen recorder like fraps or dxtory.

Your demo automatically starts once it loads so I recommend starting record before you load your demo. Now you done. As usual if you guys have any questions msg me here, on steam (jben101) or on xfire (jben4).

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Jben, another heads up. While I'm glad you're trying to help people and be active, we do already have tutorials on how to record and how to bind in the how to section.

Some of these threads you've made might be deleted/closed because of that.

I hope that doesn't discourage you.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Except the demo recording in CoD4 is bugged, so you'll need to load the demo inside a mod, which means moving the demo file to the demo folder of the mod (main/mods/"mod"/demos), loading up the mod and an empty devmap map and then opening the actual demo.

Or you can use CoD4 demo player, which basically automates the process described above.

Top Bottom