Mac Recording Issues

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
Hey,
Does anyone know how to record in game?
I try the /record but I do not know where the video files go..
P.S I bought it off the app store

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Use spotlight to search for 'demo'. I don't have cod4 installed on the laptop to let you know where the demo gets saved.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
on the home screen of mac, click the tab at the top that says "Go" and then click on "Go to Folder" at the bottom. Type in " ~/Library " without the quotes and click "Go". Then open the folder that says "Application Support" and then open the 'Call of Duty 4" Folder and then "Main" folder and you'll see the "demos" folder there.

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
I tried following all the steps but when I open the Call of Duty 4 folder there is no "Main" Folder..

There are only folders called : "mods", "pb", "players", "save", "usermaps"

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
did you actually do "Go" > ~/Library > application support > cod4 ? If you just went Cod4 folder without doing the following steps, the demos folder is practically hidden. It took me almost a year to figure that out. But if its not there, try this step.

Open finder > Applications > Right click Call of Duty 4 and click on "Show Package contents" > Contents > Call of Duty 4 Data > Mods > ModWarfare > demos.
If it's not there, you might as well reinstall cod4 for mac. Apple released a statement a few months ago that Cod4 that was bought on App Store was missing some files like the iw3mp files.

actually, when you said that you only see folders called "mods, players, usermaps, etc", open the players folder> profiles > your profile name folder. It might be there.

Last edited:

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
I just tried the second way.. But nothing was found..

Would it be possible to just create a folder saying demos?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the help btw <3

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
i dont think so. Once you /record and stop record, it all gets sent to the designated folder in your cod4 files. Even if you cant find it, its sure to be somewhere around there.

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
King, I have already tried using that before.. But all of the frames are really choppy and when I play I lag heaps.. :\

I might just have to reinstall cod4 :|

Top Bottom