Departure Roulette - What would you do?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Just came across this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PenROORvLyw

Watch the video, and then post what you you do in that situation.

For me, since the wife and I will be going on a cruise next month, we'll be flying to New Orleans to catch the ship. So, if I were in that situation, I probably wouldn't push the button since IMO, I'd probably lose far too much (cruise, airfare) and I'd probably have 1 pissed off wife. XD

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
It obviously depends on your plans and your own planned destination. If I were older and I wasn't bound to work etc. I'd definitely go for it.

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
I agree with Freeze about your own plans and stuff, and if I wasn't on a tight schedule or something I'd probably go for it also. XD

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
When I was younger, I'd be all for it. Now that I'm older, the one thing I've learned is boring is good exciting is bad. So my answer is no.

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
It would suck if you ended up in a place and you couldn't understand their language. D: That's pretty much the only drawback of this. :p

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
It would suck if you ended up in a place and you couldn't understand their language. D: That's pretty much the only drawback of this. :p

Broke up with the gf of 4 years last summer, weirdly a friend that I hadn't spoken to for a year skyped me that evening from Argentina where she was living and said why don't you come and visit me then...? I was like they guy in the video 'shit, why not?'. Next day was on an 18 hour flight to South America to spend the next three months travelling there (I don't speak spanish beyond touristy simple stuff). Had an epic, epic time! Would definitely push the button now. Take any opportunity you can to live each day.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
^that's awesome!!! :hi5:

I showed the wife the video and asked her what'd she do next month if the situation arises. Of course she said no because of we'd lose out on our cruise. But she said if it wasn't for vacation or work, she might give it a thought.

Top Bottom