E-readers

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I know we've had this topic up before but it was quite a while back.

Sooooo, since I'm bored, I'm making a new one.

Who does most of their reading on e-readers?

Which one do you use?

Where do you get your books?

My tablet is the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0. I use the Kindle app.

I download my books from all over. I have a big collection of e-books, so if you want some good sites or have a book request, PM me.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Unless I get a paperback book as a gift or something, I almost always download mine on my Kindle. I use the Kindle Touch, and it's awesome. Plus with Amazon Prime, I get tons of free books all the time! :party:

The Circle Trilogy is phenomenal. Jurassic Park and The Lost World are really amazing too. The Underland series is a great tween series (5 books), if your into that.
To Kill a Mockingbird is really good too. And of course, The Great Gatsby is one of the finest pieces of literature ever to grace our bookshelves.

And everyone needs to read The Westing Game at least once in their life. Such an amazing book!

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
I have a Kindle Fire. I usually get actual books rather than e-books, 'cause I love filling up bookshelves, but when I don't feel like going to the store to get a book I just get it on my Kindle. :3 And I usually go to Barnes and Noble's to get my books. :)

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have a Kindle Fire. I usually get actual books rather than e-books, 'cause I love filling up bookshelves, but when I don't feel like going to the store to get a book I just get it on my Kindle. :3 And I usually go to Barnes and Noble's to get my books. :)

I love filling my bookshelf up too, actually! Theres a weird feeling of satisfaction from seeing all the books you have neatly organized like that for me. But e-readers are so much more portable and compact, that's what i tend to go with

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I got Rose, my Kindle Keyboard a few years ago and I've done most of my reading on that since.

My library has a great collection of e-books so I use that often, as well as various other places.

I paid $50-$60 for a pink cover, but I am convinced that cover is the best thing ever since it has a built-in light. XD One of my favorite things to do is read in bed with the lights all out.

However, having Rose has only slightly curbed my book buying habit. I have tons and tons of them- being surrounded by books makes me extremely... happy.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Kindles don't have built in back lights?

I like physical books too, but reading some thick paperbacks is a pain, and i don't like paying 10-15$ for books :K It's nice to be able to find the downloads. With a lot of the startup or smaller authors though who only sell cheap e-books, i try my best to support.

Amazon prime :tf: < Me jealous. Amazon has tons of books for free for prime owners.

A decent site i started using also is paperbackswap. Helps me get rid of some of my books. Someone requests you book, you mail it, get a credit, and request any book that's been listed. So basically it's $2.50 (cost of shipping) per book. :notbad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom