How to Bypass the Downloading Loop for Rotu

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Most of the maps are still downloading at a continous loop for the Rotu Server, and people often ask for an admin to restart the server or change the map, so heres what to do if u have this problem:

1:First off you must download the map from the internet itself.

2:Then you must find your cod modern warfare 4 mods folder; it may be in the one under computer then program files then activision then cod4; if its not then it requires a bit more searching;
- To find mine i had to go to users then my user profile(obviously) go to appdata then local then to virtual store; where i saw the program files then i went to the activision folder then cod4 and the mod folder was in there; you may not have to do as much searching but this is what i had to do(windows 8); yours will probably be a little different for finding it

3:After you got the found the mods folder go to the rotu 2.1 folder and insert the map files into it; it should work after this

Tip: You should make a shortcut to the folder on your desktop so you dont have to search for it again

i'm sorry if i didnt go into enough detail or if i got confusing; not good at explaining things

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
All modded maps go into the usermaps folder, no matter what mod it is you're playing.

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
really? cuz when i put the maps into the rotu folder i was fine
it might just be the case for windows 8 or something cuz i dont have a usermaps folder anywhere

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
1. All custom maps go into usermaps, yes.
2. Having the map already downloaded does NOT help you what so ever. The download loop can occur with any map, including maps that you already have.
3. There is no way to get around the download loop. The server has to be restarted or the map rotated.

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
i didnt mean it like that rival i didnt literally mean bypass it it was a bad choice of words for the topic name
i meant if u do the above u wont have to worry about the loop; cuz its already in ur folder - u have to do this with every map - and if its usermaps for every1 else just make ur own how to - i dont have a usermaps so i wouldn't know most people have to put their maps in their

and i said i dont have the usermaps folder and what i did above is what i did to get it working with the map secret base

me sniper and mercy did this(well similar for those 2)

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
What OS do you have Wolf?

I don't have the zombie maps on this PC (or any modded map for that matter), and just went into the ROTU server. The download created a usermaps folder in this directory: E:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

Here's how one of the maps looks like: E:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\usermaps\mp_fnrp_urban

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
for some reason even the 28 map zip file takes 4-5 hrs for me is this normal? and the dl from the server goes at like 24 kb/s :(

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
win 8 64 bit

and ya it is - shoulda warned you guys about that;
although for me it took about an hour but it takes awhile nonetheless sorry

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
i didnt mean it like that rival i didnt literally mean bypass it it was a bad choice of words for the topic name
i meant if u do the above u wont have to worry about the loop; cuz its already in ur folder

You didnt quite get it, did you? :p

Even if you have the map IN your usermaps folder, heck u can put it in every damn folder on your PC if you like. You will still get the loop. Ive tried this several times and it does not work. I have had the loop on tunnel several times on another ROTU server I used to play on when ours went to shit :p.

So.... Yeah. Even if you have the maps in your folder you will still get the loop. Something wrong with the mod I believe. Im not sure if this is the case for any other mods, cuz Ive never seen this occur on a server running any other mod than ROTU 2.1.

The easy explanation.... Server has to be rebooted or the map rotated.

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
i dont get the loop after i do what i did with a map
so idk why u get the download loop but i dont once i do that and well its better this then waiting for a reboot

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
It's supposed to be a corrupted server file. So reuploading the maps should fix it.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Still not sure if it's a problem with the mod itself or if this goes for any mod... Someone tell me pl0x :p

Top Bottom