iOS7

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
Hey everyone,

I just tried the new iOS7 on my iPhone 4s and I really start liking it.
Thought its the Beta it works just fine and I was wondering if you (I know there are some iPhoners here) would also like to try it.
This is a copy of the .ipsw you'll need to download.

>You don't need a Jailbroken phone and it wont Jailbreak it.

Also make sure you have the latest iTunes installed and connect your iPhone to your Laptop etc. and then click on 'Search for Updates' while pressing ALT on your Keyboard (this is for Mac users I think it might be the shift key on Windows Computers) and you will be able to open the file from your downloads.
This Version is only for the iPhone 4s and I'm not liable if you mess up your phone so you better back it up first.

This is a screenshot I made

foto2gf.png

And this is the download link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!nNkizQ4J!Xseclik-GfTa-Dc4nodMRhDjhOBUGPOnzJUrsJ9sKkA

Enjoooooy ;)

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Nachrichten XD.

- - - Updated - - -

What does a folder look like?

:thinking: I guess I'll wait till it's an official and non-beta update.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
A few months ago I contemplated(sp?) on getting the Nokia 920 (awesome phone) because it has good features (wireless charging) and i actually liked the Windows tiles. I didn't get it because I felt that I would get bored as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do stuff with it (jailbreak).

iOS seems to bring some of those looks to iOS. I welcome this change and look forward to it.

However, as far as the previous iOS betas go, I'm fairly certain you'll need a dev account to add your phone's UDID into the dev's account. You also won't be able to downgrade back to iOS6 as easily.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
However, as far as the previous iOS betas go, I'm fairly certain you'll need a dev account to add your phone's UDID into the dev's account. You also won't be able to downgrade back to iOS6 as easily.

It's probably wiser to wait until the full release.

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
I was able to downgrade my phone to iOS6.1.3 which is the latest official version. And. You only need the dev account to download not to install ;)

- - - Updated - - -

And Nachrichten means messages :K

- - - Updated - - -

Google maps is from the App Store

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I was able to downgrade my phone to iOS6.1.3 which is the latest official version. And. You only need the dev account to download not to install ;)

Downloading is always the easy part. Something must have changed with this iOS beta release then. All previous iOS betas needed the UDID to be in the dev's account and people weren't able to downgrade as easily.

I'd try this but I'd lose my jailbreak and I wouldn't be able to downgrade to 6.1.2, which I need. :\

edit:
Finch, how's iOS7 compared to 6's speedwise? And anything you found that hasn't worked yet?

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
It is a bit slower especially safari. Airdrop doesn't work yet (I don't know if it will be available for the 4s) also Siri seems to not understand me. For me the beta is more to goof around and try it out than really use it as my OS.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
You can download apps when you're on iOS 7? Are they really optimized for that? In that case the look is pretty much the only thing that's changed. (Since the look didn't change last time. When updating from iOS 5 to iOS 6 I noticed nothing different. I had Apple Maps and my YouTube app was gone.)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
It is a bit slower especially safari. Airdrop doesn't work yet (I don't know if it will be available for the 4s) also Siri seems to not understand me. For me the beta is more to goof around and try it out than really use it as my OS.

AirDrop wont be available for the 4 or the 4s. Just the 5 and newer. You're German, so of course she won't understand you lol.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
You can download apps when you're on iOS 7? Are they really optimized for that? In that case the look is pretty much the only thing that's changed. (Since the look didn't change last time. When updating from iOS 5 to iOS 6 I noticed nothing different. I had Apple Maps and my YouTube app was gone.)

Yes, and it wont make a difference. The only thing that changed are the iOS 'skins'. If the screen's resolution or screen size would have changed, then yes, the apps would need to be tweaked. Other than that, I don't see why the apps wouldn't work right off the bat.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Talking to Siri on iPad 4.

- Me: Launch safari
* no response.
- Me: Fuck off
- Siri: I hope we can still be friends

:derp:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I need the jailbreak as well for my sms messaging (I still have tons of credits) and I dumped Siri a long time ago as she is terrible at understanding all the Hawaiian street names..

Top Bottom