Suggestion For A New Server!

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I've been thinking about our servers lately. We have 9 COD4 servers and the only one that is really populated is S1 (Sometimes S3 if we put some time into it.)

I think it would be good to have a second Free For All server, running more than 1 map for a change, heh. Playing FFA on Broadcast day after day after day gets really, really boring. On this second FFA server we could run some interesting maps (we'll discuss if we will actually put Broadcast in the rotation or not.) Change is good.

Maybe we could replace our TDM server (S2) with this setup, seeing as it is never populated and TDM is rather boring.

Any thoughts on this?

Please come with suggestions on maps we could run!

Thanks for listening.
Rival.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I like Strike, Crash, Backlot & District.

I think we should experiment a bit to see what brings in the most people.

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
We should wait what Wally and D say about it but I really enjoyed playing promod s&d on Nuketown maybe there's a possibility to put that map on the rotation ;)

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I have to agree with Rival.. Not shipment or killhouse though..

I'd also like to sneak a map in on S1 every 5 rotations.. Break up the monotony

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I am OK with this idea and would be willing to populate/idle on this server OR stay on a1 so others could populate. It will require teamwork to populate a new one and keep a1 in the direction it's going.

Would it be possible to have the 2nd FFA server in LA as a1 is in NY? It'd be nice for some of our members to be able to have a lower ping on a FFA server.

Also- I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have Broadcast on as one of the maps. It's sort of our signature. Broadcast, Strike, Crash, Backlot.

I'm not against trying to have a promod server but I think right now we should be discussing getting another self populating server going in addition to a1- not sure we have the people to successfully get a promod one going.

Last edited:

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
I think its a cool idea, I like the LA idea as well, its nice to have 199-205ping instead of 280 for a change, also just a thought, I think maybe custom maps would be cool too, like nuketown or rust on top of the normal maps.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i think maybe 15-20min rounds, I find 25 a bit long, but that's just me

chack gore

|K3|'s Assasin
|K3| Member
I go with mom Promod (its not ghey nikon) and nuketown (snipers only) the rest of maps wep free

Poopdawg

Private First Class
Hey all I would be very happy to see more maps not that i have any say in it, but just to let you know, oh ya and FOR SURE KEEP THE SPEED UP I LOOOOOVE THAT. POOP OUT.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't think promod is a bad idea, as it caters to a select group so it might have a decent chance of sustaining itself.

I think two FFA broadcast servers would hurt the population of the main server.

I like the idea of having killhouse/shipment in a ffa rotation. A lot of people like those maps and use them to rank up or get headshots. We had them on our OLD s2 and they were a blast and always full.

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Pooper! good to see you in the forums I kinda like Chinatown don't know nuketown and run and hide in sniper maps.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
We should wait what Wally and D say about it

You don't need to wait for us XD. If the majority wants a certain cod4 server/gametype, then we'll make the necessary changes. Other than that, we'll give our input like any other person in the forum. No permission is required from D and I. ;)

edit:
although, I should mention that we'll try our best to make the changes ASAP.

Last edited:

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
promod server will bring oversized-ego's players, bouncing bunnies, 333Fpsers, cheap tricks killers and glitching idiots.
You really want that kind of population here?

How about setting a super mario server for promoders?

And yes chack: promod is :ghey:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
But that's just par for the course with a pro mod server it seems. If people playing there know that ahead of time, i think it would be ok. I don't like it personally, but a lot of people do. It could be a nice shake up.

Top Bottom