Discussion: Video Game Campaigns

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Alright so recently I've been getting into the Campaigns more than the Multiplayer. Thought I'd start a discussion about it.

Anything goes.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I've always played the campaign before the multiplayer, it helps me get "The feel" of the game. If i don't feel like a multiplayer match, i will go back and replay the campaign.

I do wish some of the COD campaigns were longer, but because i think the stories are so good, i can handle that.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Back when I was console noob SP campaigns were all I played...Ace Combat series,Hitman,Rainbow6 3,God of War etc....As far as FPS SP campaigns I think I liked the Battlefield 2 and Bad company 1 + 2 campaigns the most. I think Cod4 campaign was the last fps SP i ever finished...maybe Mw2 but ever since I jumped on MP and found the Krew I can say that SP is boring to me now because of the social aspect of MP..BF3,MW3,Bo2,Crysis 1 +2,all campaigns left unplayed so far...guess those can wait till my internet goes out or something..

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
the 2 games that really blew me away with singleplayer fun was F.E.A.R and Timeshift.
ofcourse there are a lot more good singleplayers but i think those 2 kinda killed it.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I liked the COD 4 Campaign even though it was pretty short...
I have finished the Bound in Blood Campaign several times but that was year ago. I have owned the game since 2010 and I think the last time I beat the Campaign was in late 2011.

I still need to finish the Bad Company 2, Black Ops 2, Sniper: Ghost Warrior & Far Cry 2. Just naming a few...
I only played a few missions of the Bad Company 2 and the Black Ops 2 Campaign. I played quite far into the Far Cry 2 Story mode but I never really finished all the main missions.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
I've played the cod4 campaign at least 10 times. MW2 I think twice. I liked them both. Though BO2 wasn't really as intriguing.

I plead the bc2 campaign as well, it was pretty good. The aspect I liked most is that you played as a soldier named Preston which for 1/10 of the game I was just going "what the fuck" because I was confused as hell.

Metro 2033 was awesome and I instantly wanted to play it again after I finished it.

Starcraft 2 had some pretty good campaigns. WoL was good, but HotS was seriously just awesome.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I play the campaigns some to get a feel for the game then I go multiplayer.. If I wanted a good story I'd watch a movie

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member
Back when I was console noob SP campaigns were all I played...Ace Combat series,Hitman,Rainbow6 3,God of War etc....As far as FPS SP campaigns I think I liked the Battlefield 2 and Bad company 1 + 2 campaigns the most. I think Cod4 campaign was the last fps SP i ever finished...maybe Mw2 but ever since I jumped on MP and found the Krew I can say that SP is boring to me now because of the social aspect of MP..BF3,MW3,Bo2,Crysis 1 +2,all campaigns left unplayed so far...guess those can wait till my internet goes out or something..

Battlefield 2 had a campaign?

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
yeah it did it has the Hotswap feature which was really cool..you could swap places with any soldier in your line of sight..really neato
edit : this is Battlefield2:Modern Combat (i just wasted 20 bucks getiing Battlefield2 collection :( )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Wllz6Gw3o

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team

Since the games are Rely on steam, You can't play SP...

And I thnk my favorite SPs so far were:
All CoDs (Only played 4 and above but have played them each atleast 3 times)
BF3
FC3
Most valve games with SP are good
All GTAs
THere are more that I can't think of atm

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light have great story campaigns, I am playing through Last Light now and its awesome. I always liked the SP campaigns more than the MP, with the exception of CoD

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
Normally I never play the campaigns but I really enjoyed red dead redemption.
Got to say that was probably one of the best games i've played
Ending was sad though

ManuelBook

|K3|'s Horror Fanatic
Former Krew Member
Didn't like any of the COD ones.
Only COD4, MW2, and WAW.
Black Ops 1 and 2 were terrible.
And MW3 was boring.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
oh shit ! Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is on sale on steam! the Ace Combat campaigns are always awesome..

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I agree with houston, I play some of the SP to get the feel and then go MP
You can play SP on steam...as soon as you start game it says single player

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
I always play the SP campaigns. If I pay $40 for a game, I'm going to play all of it, not just multiplayer. For some games, especially strategy, the SP modes make up 75%+ of the game.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I finished the Bound in Blood Campaign (again) yesterday!

It was awesome. Played it on Medium, died a couple of times but didn't have to start over too far back. Overall it took about 5h 30m of playing. If you play on Hard or Very Hard you would have to play for a bit longer. On Medium you can still rush most scenarios. I'm not sure if I will ever complete or even try to complete it on Very Hard.
The ending is awesome.

Also.... I realized that the story in COJ 2 takes place before the story in COJ 1. :thinking:

I pre-ordered COJ 4: Gunslinger and got a free copy of Bound in Blood to give away. :)

Top Bottom