Problem with the game

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
so, i went to play the game a few days ago, and it said that i have an invalid key code. I have been using the same key code almost since i got the game. I decided to uninstall the game, and as i went to reinstall, it again said that i had an invalid key. The keys i have are both legit, because i have 2 copies of the game (one bought, and one given to me). I tried to get support from activision, but they don't appear to have an email option.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what i can do? I'm not able to even install the game at the moment, much less play.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Hmm... Did you make sure you didn't confuse 1's and I's or O's and 0's etc?
Because I've had that problem with other games. Turned out I just confused the letters lol.
Sucks if you have to get a new key :/

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
*reads title* :|

I LOST THE GAME! !!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You can try finding a key gen

And what game are you talking about?

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I'm guessing it's Cod4 since it's under the Cod4 topic lol :p

I've had this happen to me before, kinda. What the deal was with me is that you get disconnected from the server then try to go back, and it shows keycode in use because (I'm guessing) the sever still thinks your on.

What was the time period between when thing happened and when you reinstalled and tried again? I know sometimes it could take up to an hour for it to work. Not sure what else I can say bout it though, what does it say when you try to reinstall it?

In your situation it kinda sounds like to me that something is corrupt in the files or someone else has used your keycode, that's all I can think of...

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
My gaming comp is down and maybe out, waiting to hear the verdict there. I'm on a back-up that won't recognize my video card.
It says: "At least one display adapter on the system has been disabled because its driver's not compatable with the driver for VGA adaptor "
It's an old single-core but should be able to run COD4 if it would recognize my video card. Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405.
Also, trying to download TS3 or updating drivers on vid-card it says virus found and can''t open.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Myabe this old PC has integrated graphics. Might want to see if that's the case and, if it is, disable the onboard graphics.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
pretty sure the 6100 is integrated. what make & model is the pc rocket? if it was built, what motherboard?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Oh. m(

I was assuming the card he listed was separate.

If it's an old PC, might just format and reinstall windows. That would probably fix your issues.

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/1/2013, 22:44:14
Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130501-1537)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire T180
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1790MB RAM
Page File: 1285MB used, 2545MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DXDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

- - - Updated - - -

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6100 nForce 405
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D1&SUBSYS_26011019&REV_A2
Display Memory: 889 MB
Dedicated Memory: 249 MB
Shared Memory: 639 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7530 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
But the vid-card needs more power than the comp has. I will get another card in the morning, that can handle COD4. Might have to lower graphics.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't understand. If the card/chip came built into the PC, why would it need more power? And most likely anything you buy would require even more consumption.

How did you come to the conclusion power was the issue?

Running in HD res. might be pushing it with that card as well, but I'm not sure.

I would definately look around for fixes before spending money on another card. Again, a format and reinstall of the OS would probably fix the issue, among other things.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
first thing, get the newest drivers from the nvidia website. (it's under support>drivers>geforce). download and install. Damage is right, the machine would have shipped with the correct power requirements for the card. I would personally upgrade my memory to 4gb (it's a cheap and easy way to help the machine along). If none of these work, then maybe it is time to get a new graphics card, but be prepared to buy a new power supply as well. some of the big cards need a lot of juice to power them. Good luck man.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The Sempron 3200+ is enough for cod4, but just barely. A computer I rebuilt a while back that Otto used had a Sempron 3000+/3200+, I can't remember exactly, and cod4 would just randomly stutter. It had 2GB RAM and an HD 3650 on a fresh XP installation, so I know those weren't the issue.

Maybe if your gaming computer isn't too much of a fix, you may want to look into getting that up instead of dumping some cash into something that would just inch along for its life on cod4.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I still think a format would fix all of these issues providing Googling and trying fixes of this error doesn't work. You can Google the exact error and probably find 20 possible fixes straight away. I am assuming however, since it's a 'backup' PC , that it wasn't being used for anything and there isn't anything to lose if you do format.

I would second what Kreubs said as well. Use w/e spare $$ you have towards fixing your primary PC.

Top Bottom