Zombie Apocalypse Survival

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
So, the attack on Animal today (and his potential zombification) has once again led me to question the best method of survival in the case of a zombie infestation. Obviously it would depend on the type of zombie and their relative strength/powers, but what would you do ... ?

(1) Ordinary zombie - as displayed in generic zombie films, dawn of the dead, 28 days later etc. - If am in London, well, probably hole up with my frozen food until a rescue party appears (people who just stay inside seem to do just fine, and you get these heroes going around getting themselves killed). If I was out in the country, well, again we have a pretty well stocked kitchen/larder, and in the case of attack a couple of shotguns, and lots of tools. Plus, if the worst comes to worst, we are near a canal and have a boat to escape on.

(2) Super zombie - I am not going to lie, if they are the kind of umbrella corp, or i am legend type super zombies, I am all for the cyanide option.

Any other thoughts be welcome. Are you a hero (I do not think I would be)? Which character would you most closely resemble in the walking dead?

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Wheb the zombie apocalypse hit we gotta ask ourselves. What would Daryl do?

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
You can all come to my house. I've got guns and ammo to spare! #SouthWillRiseAgain :troll2:

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
I would lock myself inside super walmart

Other than that, I would go into a complete panic T^T

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
just as long they aren't the running type like from the movie 28 days later..

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I have an extremely long drawn out survival plan that would make most people here question my sanity but also wish they were with me if the zombies ever attack. XD

ManuelBook

|K3|'s Horror Fanatic
Former Krew Member
If they run, i'd kill myself. XD
But if they're slow, then i'd walk around happily and mess with every zombie i see.
:| lol

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Sometimes when I dont feel like listening in class I come up with shit like this.

First thing is grabbing guns and any armor (such as kevlars) off the 2 police vans that theres always in front of my school. Then I will set off as fast as possible to one of the multiple hotels in the seaside. Probably they have tons of food and a generator for electricity so that can come in handy. I´d lock myself on the highest levels. Not for the suites but because we all know zombies suck at climbing. Unless they are super zombies.... In any case, its an reasonable easy to defend place since most levels can be locked and using the security cameras could warn me off anything not normal (considering a zombie epidemic is normal XDDD) The hardest parts are obviously getting to the hotel which takes 15 mins walking normaly so if I´d had to be cautious it will defo take me a couple of hours and then clearing the hotel itself from zombies before locking it up. Theres no special trick to it. I´ll just have to rely on my skills to survive. However if I do make it through I will have probably vanquised any fear towards zombies and I would be more mature, in order words a test to myself. From that point on its just waiting for the rescue putting signals in the roof. Hotels have all kinds of shit like flares and I could even use blankets to write a message so its all good.

If its a global epidemic and I´d had to make long term plans theres a reason why I have chosen a hotel like that. Theres multiple gas stations in the are so electricity shouldnt be a problem for several years. Furthermore, the garage will always have multiple vehicles for me to use. Surviving alone is nuts so even if I hate them I would take most of the people from my school and whatever I can get along the way. I would kill any power hungry fucker and leave behind any weakling. (As of right now I dunno if I can do this but surviving a zombie apocalypse can change people and I usualy know where my priorities are). Hotels have separate rooms and different comfort stuff like beds and showers which can always bring morale up. The only huge problem will be food and water. We can scavange from the area but theres a risk to it and the longer we live the further we would have to go to get it. So, fortunately the coastline road is directly connected to the highway. I would take an expedition of very trusty people and send them live in a farm where they can grow food and with a bit of luck take care of animals liek cows or pigs. The nearest farms are only 20 mins away in car from the city so the only real deal is clearing the road from debri which could defo take a couple of months so as soon as I get comfortable in my base I would set myself to clearing the roads.

If you have read this you are awesome and I actualy like challenging myself with new situations so go ahead and give me situations or tell me what kind of flaws my plan has...

AWESOME THREAD!

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Two books every Zombie outbreak survivor should plan to read before their coming

Zombie survival Guide in Pdf by M.Brooks

The Zombie Combat Manual in Pdf by Roger Ma

Fast zombie - you're fucked
Slow zombie - they are fucked
Dead space Zombie - Shoot the limbs, not the head to kill?...so technically not Zombie ;)

Tras> 1)Hotel seems to be a good spot...but you'll have to clean it and make it safe before take a rest to wait helps.
2) How many people a lot less cool than you do you think have thought the same ;) Prepare to fight to death with humans for your dream castle.
3) Even if you can keep looters outside of your castle, problem will soon be the people inside.
4) In europe, biggest problem would be gun/firearms access...can you have some easily? Hotel dont have that kind of room service i bet ;) At best you'll find balltrap rifles with non lethal ammo. Bow or maybe crossbow.

The solution of an isolated base, outside of city, that you're gonna reach with a small group of well trained and coordinated people seems a better option to me. If you can, prepare it years before the outbreak, and at first signs of zombies alert, be ready to move.

Last edited:

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
I would kill any power hungry fucker and leave behind any weakling.

Damn, i guess I can't be included in that plan :|

I suppose if they we're just walking zombies things wouldn't be so scary :3
I think it'd be a bit fun actually XD

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Ray. You do realize you can edit your posts right. Instead of posting new ones every 5 seconds. This isn't the shout ;)

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
my first move would be to stay the hell away from gun stores/ sports stores or anywhere yo could find a weapon, i mean, thats where everyone else will be, so its probably not the safest option, my second move would be to go round my parents place and turn my car into a tank by welding metal spikes and shit to it, one of the advantages of owning an old car, maybe borrow a gun or two from him, then road trip interstate to rescue my friends who would most definitely need rescuing knowing them... lol

and if all else fails, fly to america and hide at steels house.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Sometimes when I dont feel like listening in class I come up with shit like this.

First thing is grabbing guns and any armor (such as kevlars) off the 2 police vans that theres always in front of my school. Then I will set off as fast as possible to one of the multiple hotels in the seaside. Probably they have tons of food and a generator for electricity so that can come in handy. I´d lock myself on the highest levels. Not for the suites but because we all know zombies suck at climbing. Unless they are super zombies.... In any case, its an reasonable easy to defend place since most levels can be locked and using the security cameras could warn me off anything not normal (considering a zombie epidemic is normal XDDD) The hardest parts are obviously getting to the hotel which takes 15 mins walking normaly so if I´d had to be cautious it will defo take me a couple of hours and then clearing the hotel itself from zombies before locking it up. Theres no special trick to it. I´ll just have to rely on my skills to survive. However if I do make it through I will have probably vanquised any fear towards zombies and I would be more mature, in order words a test to myself. From that point on its just waiting for the rescue putting signals in the roof. Hotels have all kinds of shit like flares and I could even use blankets to write a message so its all good.

If its a global epidemic and I´d had to make long term plans theres a reason why I have chosen a hotel like that. Theres multiple gas stations in the are so electricity shouldnt be a problem for several years. Furthermore, the garage will always have multiple vehicles for me to use. Surviving alone is nuts so even if I hate them I would take most of the people from my school and whatever I can get along the way. I would kill any power hungry fucker and leave behind any weakling. (As of right now I dunno if I can do this but surviving a zombie apocalypse can change people and I usualy know where my priorities are). Hotels have separate rooms and different comfort stuff like beds and showers which can always bring morale up. The only huge problem will be food and water. We can scavange from the area but theres a risk to it and the longer we live the further we would have to go to get it. So, fortunately the coastline road is directly connected to the highway. I would take an expedition of very trusty people and send them live in a farm where they can grow food and with a bit of luck take care of animals liek cows or pigs. The nearest farms are only 20 mins away in car from the city so the only real deal is clearing the road from debri which could defo take a couple of months so as soon as I get comfortable in my base I would set myself to clearing the roads.

If you have read this you are awesome and I actualy like challenging myself with new situations so go ahead and give me situations or tell me what kind of flaws my plan has...

AWESOME THREAD!

Epic plan! I like it. Though people that set up little communities always seem to go on a power trip themselves so ... beware! Plus, they seem to fail after time themselves.

Top Bottom