Best Wine

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Again, not sure this is best directed in a cooking thread, but hey I drink whilst I cook and there is no food and drink thread, so what the hell. Are you a proper critic, or do you go for the £3 special offer? And is there any difference in your opinion? Name your favourites here...

For me, I love a good bottle of Red:
- Chateauneuf de Pape tends to be nice and fruity and rich - perfect for a roast dinner, or for afters with cheese and wine.
- Malbec - Big fan of Argentinian wine after spending a good time there and in the wine regions (it is sooo cheap over there).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I do not know much about wine, I haven't found price makes that much of a difference. Had some very expensive wines at friends' parents houses/Law Dinners and hated it, and had some cheap wines that taste amazing. I do find the temperature and letting it breathe does help improve the taste. What is your experience?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I use white wine and beer in cooking, but that's about it. I absolutely hate drinking it (wine that is), but I'm not a fan of drinking and hardly ever do it. The last beer i had was months ago.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I also told myself this, but I have given alcohol up for lent, and have subsequently realised that I drink more often than I thought. When the football (soccer) is on, might have a cheeky beer, or the rugby (currently six nations), or any sporting occasion. Then there is going out with friends, maybe every other week. Soon mounts up. I don't drink much, but it is more than expected.

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
I was at my best friends house like 3 months ago and his hostmum had this really really expensive wine.
I mean like really expensive prolly around 500 bucks. I tried it an I couldn't even swallow it as it just tasted like platypus semen and I really don't give a fk about wine... If it comes to food and drinks I'd rather spent that money on some really good dining in a fancy restaurant than buying a bottle of old grape juice

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
You see, I'd love to tell you all about the best wine I've ever had but i'm underage soooooo, I can't.

Cheers!

~Link

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
A good old red Spanish Rioja. You bitches are not allowed to talk about wines. Only Spanish, French and maybe Italians can. XD

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
The French are oh so arrogant with their pricey rubbish, English Sparkling Wines and Prosecco beat Champagne hands down. Riojas can be tasty but I put my money with some Argentinian Malbec. The one French wine I do like is a good Chateauneuf du Pape.

But I am teetotal at the moment so :(, no pain no gain!

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Buy cheap wine, put it in an expensive bottle to fool yourself and any so call wine connoisseur.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I recently had McManis Pinot Noir and Cab and thought they were both outstanding. Especially the cabernet .

I am also not a huge fan of wine. The mcmanis I liked though. It's growing on me (wine).

I think the McManis is like 12 bux a bottle. I can't really justify spending more than that on a bottle of wine.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I recently had McManis Pinot Noir and Cab and thought they were both outstanding. Especially the cabernet .

I am also not a huge fan of wine. The mcmanis I liked though. It's growing on me (wine).

I think the McManis is like 12 bux a bottle. I can't really justify spending more than that on a bottle of wine.
My girlfriend likes wine so that means I like wine.

We (she) drinks 100% Rosé, mostly White Zinfadel or Barefoot.

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
i went to a party and these people had this home made chocolate wine, it was weird but kinda good

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
chococlate wine?? Bleagh!!

@Storky - you Sir, are a bad man - I am suspecting your motives! 'She likes wine, I like wine.....'

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Whenever I buy/drink wine, it's from the local winery.
Stella Rosa Moscato D'Asti
dasti.png

It's really good! :drunk:

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
No such thing as 'the best wine' lol: beauty is in the eye of the beholder - find some you like and stick em on your own personal list but dont expect the whole world to agree with you! lol Mrs Buck digs Rose - wouldnt touch it with a barge pole personally!

Most Orvieto Classicos rock my world on the white front (dry and crisp) and I luuuuv Bordeaux for my reds Preferably Grand Bordeaux! - (fruity , earthy)

@WaLLy - you is well lucky mate, to have a local winery! We have some in the uk, mostly south west - make pretty good sparkling wines, but all tend to be a bit pricey!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
@WaLLy - you is well lucky mate, to have a local winery! We have some in the uk, mostly south west - make pretty good sparkling wines, but all tend to be a bit pricey!
We don't buy wine that often either :blush:. I'm not a big fan of alcoholic drinks. But when I do, I tend to drink the hard stuff; Grey Goose. XD

Top Bottom