Viruses

Hotchkiss

Private First Class
I don't have a problem with my computer... nor do I need any suggestions. I want to know, do you think that anti-virus software companies write viruses and distribute them to sell their products? I think it's unethical but a damn good business move. you thoughts? comments?

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
be3.jpg

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
No??? 2 symbols? Kreubs HAX!!11

- - - Updated - - -

Test

- - - Updated - - -

Wow

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I changed the minimum character limit a week or two ago.

OT - No, i don't think they need to. I think they are busy enough just trying to keep up with all of the new viruses etc that get released constantly. With things as they are, i think they would be creating more work for themselves with a minimal, if any, gain.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't think so at all, because:
1. What D said
2. I know a guy who is in training at on of the highest rated AV companies in the world and, but what he has said, reverse engineering viruses in order to make a fix is time consuming and hard enough as it is.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I agree with what D said but by doing this, they could push themselves forward from their competitors. That is, if they know how to make a good virus lol.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I could see those companies keep trying to make more powerful viruses to make anti-virus for it but they move to fast and the virus becomes too powerful before they can develop something to stop it then the virus becomes sentiment and start taking control of all technology then when the virus will detonate all of the world nukes to destroy the human race.

Holy shit I just figured out the Terminator plotline

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I really don't think so, mainly because there are so many people out there already that write them, that's free business for the Antivirus companies lol, so why pay for them...

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I really don't think so, mainly because there are so many people out there already that write them, that's free business for the Antivirus companies lol, so why pay for them...

Because they obviously know how their own viruses work, so they can easily protect themselves from it. I'm not saying that they actually do it but if executed effectively it could help their possition on the market.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
That's a big IF. The downside FAR outweighs the upside. Said company would risk everything for a relatively small gain.

Top Bottom