AVC

Banned
Go for the hard core keyboard

3.jpg

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
:lmao: Typewriter.

I have nice headphones too, but i don't wear them all the time. The speakers still sound better with the sub n all. Also, i don't want fkn Obama overhearing my keystrokes and sending the frequencies to the NSA so they can decode my messages.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Wrong, Cherry has MX black, brown, blue, (clear), red and green switches.
Then there are also buckling springs, white & black alps and Topre switches each with their own unique feel.

So they are even more complicated? Lol, I will never buy a mechanical keyboard. Especially for gaming. I like to be on the Mic and don't want people to hear my keys.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
The result of 10 years of gaming? I've had this $10 keyboard for almost a year now the only thing wrong with it is that the C is gone. Not the button but the letter itself. Too much crouching :K Sneaky sneaky.

It's not a mechanical keyboard. It's a plastic keyboard that weighs around 150-200 grams.
How did those keys get yellow? It's pretty easy to pop the keys off and soak them in soapy water etc. , but you passed that point long ago.

My WASD keys and my arrow keys are Red. Because they were made red.

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
So you could say I have a bit of an obsession with keyboards.

I count six working keyboards in my room not counting my laptop.

My pride and joy, Black Widow Ultimate BF3 edition. MX Blues <33333
gCPsPwCh.jpg

Recent addition, my Apple keyboard that came with the G5.
CTFphhyh.jpg

Old but still good friend, the Logitech MX5000.
ed4pcO7.jpg

Underneath that, the Logitech Wave.
nSmWHDGh.jpg

Then there's the nearly broken but somehow still kicking Dell keyboard that nobody knows what to call!
XfhU7LOh.jpg

And last but definitely not least, this weird old PS/2 keyboard in both Japanese and English I got for $2 at a garage sale. Fully working and very intriguing.
D6YBW23h.jpg

I like to type.

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
Whats up with the last picture? Looks like you're sitting on the toilet taking a picture of your keyboard :D

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
Whats up with the last picture? Looks like you're sitting on the toilet taking a picture of your keyboard :D
No but that's the part of the room where I have absolutely no flat surfaces that aren't covered in boxes and computer parts. I rolled my chair over there.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Could you remove one of the keycaps from the PS/2 keyboard and take a picture? I'm just interested if its an old mechanical one.

The BlackWidow is neat, but not so good compared to other mechanical keyboard manufacturers, like Filco or Ducky.

You think you have an obsession on keyboards? Check out http://www.reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Beginning C++?

Code:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Me gusta! << endl;

return 0;
}

XD

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
Could you remove one of the keycaps from the PS/2 keyboard and take a picture? I'm just interested if its an old mechanical one.

The BlackWidow is neat, but not so good compared to other mechanical keyboard manufacturers, like Filco or Ducky.

You think you have an obsession on keyboards? Check out http://www.reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards

Oh, I know, I frequent that subreddit. I'm trying to get my hands on a model m. Trying to find a nice keyboard, backlit with MX Blues not by razer. Might go with a Ducky if I can find a green one with Blues.

Second to the feeling of a mechanical keyboard are these apple keyboards.... Mmmm dat orgasmic sound it makes when you type on it. Just like tap tap tap tap instead of the normal ear splitting sound of a shitty rubber dome board like the dell ones in that picture or the one that sounds like a laptop keyboard like the MX5k.

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't think it's mechanical but when I get home from the movies tonight I will try taking a key off. Just not sure how to do it with a non-mechanical one.

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I have a steeseries mechanical keyboard. It is loud but I find the feel is just better for gaming. Had mine just over a year and it still as quick as at first. Same here Rival my C key is faded away too.:yes:

Top Bottom